1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

filler neck leaking

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by wheeler3129, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Mar 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    wheeler3129

wheeler3129 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lexington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    every time I fill up you can see gas dripping from inside the fender for a short period of time. I doesn't overflow out of the spout just behind the fender at the filler neck. The truck had a body lift on it when I got it and that had to come off. They had replaced the filler neck cause it was cracked and brittle. But I didn't ask questions now it is leaking again. Is this fixable and can I do this? Is it the actual filler neck that keeps leaking or is it a hose or what?

2. Mar 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    You might be able to get some buddies over and remove your bed from the frame to replace the filler neck. I'm not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be done or not. I would definitely try to fix it myself though if I were you. Nice Taco by the way.

3. Mar 1, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    wheeler3129

wheeler3129 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lexington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    thanks man I appreciate it, I just thought gas is so damn expensive why waste any of it, I just wasn't sure how tough of a fix it is.

To Top