1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Filthy and vile

Discussion in 'Military' started by jmg256, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    must be nice to sit high on the horse and condem those that are over there fighting, while being over here sitting safe behind a computer screen.

sure, you can express you opinion because other's have fought and died to give you that right, but until you volunteer to do the same for future generations... your opinion doesn't mean shit, nor does your "support"

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    jmg256

jmg256 [OP] Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    You have no idea as to what my thought processes or intents are.
    This is not about the military as a whole, this is about a very small group of Marines that is in the spot light. There are hundreds of thousands of service men and women fighting to make this world a better place, only takes four peeing on dead bodies to take away from all of it. 'one (or a few) bad apples spoil the bunch'

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    This is about a small group of Marines, not the military as a whole. Why is it that everyone is hostile towards the 'civilian' in the group when my sentiments are echoed by your fellow servicemen?

I will maintain my stance that urinating on the dead is wrong. that's it...no more, no less. The pissers in question happen to be in The Marines, who represent the USA.

What is all the civi vs. enlisted hostility? You have no idea about my situation....or just who I am

4. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    ProEFX Tonneau cover, Coverking seat covers, Weathertech front floor liners, Coverking Cab Cover, Westin nerfs, in transit...
    I served in The Corps, honorably, for 6+ years. Then retired through the Air National Guard. Luckily for me, I was never sent into harms way, but I was ready and willing if called.

So I Iike to think my opinion does mean shit. I also think the other guys opinion does too.

This act was wrong. I can understand the desire to do this, but that's where restraint comes in. We're supposed to be better than these Taliban scum.

I keep hoping to hear this video is a fake....

5. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    CNewell

CNewell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hybrid Audio (front and back), Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub, Pioneer 4ch Amp, bridged RE Audio Amp, WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back), Flyzeye Interior LED, 18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and back), Eibach coils, Light Racing/SPC UCA's, Black Billet Grille (5pc), Hella 500's, Black Diamond Light Bar, Truxedo LoProQT
    I agree with this...

And this... Couldn't have said it better myself. Now, I have been IA twice, which is more than many in the Navy. I haven't seen some of the things you others have either. I can understand the feeling of wanting to do something like this. Would I actually act upon that feeling, probably not. In honesty OP, your agenda here seems skewed. What were you hoping to accomplish by this? Like cakmakli said, it sounds like you are here to tell us we were wrong, but until you experience it, I don't think it is your place. This should be kept internally within the DoD, and everyone else can stay out of it. Its threads like this that just make things worse.

6. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    there is a disconnect between what we want to happen and what is really going to happen.

the "hearts and minds" we are trying to win over are that of religious crazies.
    the whole thing was started as a jihad on 911 lets not forget how crazy that shit is. why the fuck do we need to win over their view of us fuck them lol.

is this something i think i would do if i where over there no but, i'm not over there am i. these guys are coming home with all sorts of issues ptsd that tears their familys apart crippling depression you name it.

as far as i'm concerned so long as it keeps their bodies and minds safe our guys can do anything they like. the only thing they did wrong was video taping this lol.

7. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is a third and fourth group-It's just not military and jihadists.

3rd: The residents of the countries we are deployed to. If they start to hate us because we act like animals- Then our troops will be in REAL trouble.
    4th: The civilian population here. There is already a huge anti war sentiment in this country....Giving them stupid things like latch on to does no good for anyone.

8. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    puppytruk

puppytruk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    al
    southern oh
    Vehicle:
    2.7 tortoise
    some tint, cracked windshield
    I may be wrong, but I think alot of military guys are wondering where is your outrage over the fact that the Taliban wantonly rapes, murders and maims any Afghani who even appears to disagree with their sick policies.
    They have murdered thousands of innocents including women and children, did you make a thread about that ? They would love to get over here and do that to your family,do you not find that vile and disgusting ?
    We know what the news report says, and the military will handle this matter (probably grossly overboard due to media pressure). I just hope these young Marines are treated fairly. I find it odd that you choose this as the vile, disgusting issue to make a thread about. What about the thousands of American military that have given their lives. That loss is what should be vile to you ! God bless all who serve, come home safe !!

9. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    You know I'm reading this post and it really surpises me that some of you guys are OK with this. I see a lot of people saying "look at what they do to our guys" and such. For starters, I find it wrong to punishthese people for something they personally most likely never did. Also like mentioned before, are we to be held to the same standard as them? Why should we even bring ourselves down to that level? Show some professionalism. Show some class.

10. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i do think what they did (if they really did it) was wrong, but do i really care? no. yes, as American's we are better than that, but there is no fucking way i'm going to sit here and hide behind my computer screen and chastise those Marines. who am i to do that? i go to work everyday without the worry of having haji trying to kill me, i get to have a beer when i get home after a long day at work, i get to see my wife everyday and sleep next to her everynight, all while these dudes are down range taking the fight to the enemy a killing bad guys to protect me and my loved ones.

OP, it's all in the wording you chose. it's one thing to call their actions "wrong" and a whole other thing to say "filthy and vile". you made a thread about this to jump on the band wagon and lay down judgement on these Marines based off information you received from watching the news and reading articles. none of us were there so in reality none of us are really allowed to judge these men or their actions. you claim to support the military. where's a positve thread you made about a military member receiving the MOH or somebody's heroic sacrifice to save their fellow warrior?

11. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    to be honest imo our guys should come home now. we have put a bullet in the eye of the real bad guy and hung the other ones from iraq.

what else is there left to do over there besides pee on dead things? this is the end of a pointless conflict started by them for crazy reasons.

look hold these guys to the standards of the military branch they serve in but, lets not blow it out of proportion here. these guys are not in the best place they are surrounded by this everyday death and the fear of death is constant. a lot of guys are on their 5th tour thats a long long freaking time to be in this environment so their judgement slipped.

i don' think its a huge deal they are going to get in trouble. i just hope they take these things into account when they hand out their punishments.

i have friends that served and did way more tours in that dusty shit hole than they should have. my one buddy a really sweet guy is now a completely different man i do not know how to relate to him anymore. i try but, i feel like i fail miserably lol it breaks my heart so i have no sympathy for anything that moves over there nor do i care about what they think of me or our guys.

12. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    From th "oh....." thread...

13. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    I am of the opinion that if you urinate upon the dead, than yes in fact, you are filthy and vile
    , Marine, American or otherwise

What band wagon? I am an independent thinker...I see someone pee on a dead body, I tend to have an opinion on it. Like it or not, the actions of these four Marines affect us as a Country as a whole. This has a direct effect on all Americans, at home or abroad.

14. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    Why isn't this in the news?

************GRAPHIC CONTENT**************

Disgusting Mistreatment Of Human Taliban Carcasses By Liberated Afghan Forces- Warning: Graphic

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4cd_1326415154

Their own country men are doing it, but it makes US soldiers peeing on bodies much less dramatic.

15. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    you were just defending yourself saying people don't know you or who you are so how can they make accusations about you and then you turn around and do the same thing about the Marines in the video.

16. Jan 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Ah, but you see...I do know a thing or two about the Marines in the video. They urinated upon the dead, and took pleasure in doing so. This is what my opinion is based upon, their actions depicted in the video...no more, no less.

17. Jan 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    This wasn't in the news because this act wasn't Americans doing it. Which sort of reinforces the point that we aren't surprised when "they" do something like that, but it certainly surprises us when "we" do something like that. As many here - military and non - have stated, we are better than that, and them, and hold ourselves to higher standards and morals.

This whole thing has shades of Abu Ghraib about it. A minority can ruin the image of the many in a second.

18. Jan 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  19. Jan 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    ^^^ ha ha ha ^^^

/thread

I approve of this message

20. Jan 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500