1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Filthy and vile

Discussion in 'Military' started by jmg256, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Because you know my deployment history. If you are going to run your suck-At least know the score.

2. Jan 14, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    I'm sorry - what are you going to do... ban me because you don't like my opinion? I stated my opinion on the matter - like it or not it is my opinion. It will always be my opinion until somebody takes the life out of my body. That opinion was instilled into me through my personal experiences and from the experiences of the men I served with. If you don't like it, feel free to not be my friend. I have enough friends as it is.

3. Jan 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Why is that people always resort to bitching about me being a moderator?? Are you REALLY that insecure in your "opinion" that you have to deflect from the conversation at hand?? Did I say ANYTHING about being a moderator?? NOPE.

What I will do is continue to tell people who think like you, think that because they've seen "it" that they are better then everyone else...that you are WRONG. YOU signed up for your job knowing the rules...Just because you got a raw deal because of your assignments doesn't mean you are special and can rationalize BS like these guy pulled.

And don't worry- I wasn't trying to be your friend- I don't need to hang around with the likes of you.

4. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i think this thread was over after mark posted the video. it pretty much said it all spot on.

5. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Maybe the problem with you being a mod is you have the reputation of being a little bitch; but that is mainly scuttlebutt. I don't tread out of the Tx area very often because we tend to police our own.

As for me "being better" than other people that is quite a laughable matter. I'm probably a fucked up as a wiffleball bat and I know it. What I do understand is not telling somebody how to do their job when you don't know shit from shilola about their job. I won't tell you how to change the oil on a helo and you don't tell me how to clean my M16. Seems like a pretty straight forward concept that most of these ass clowns seem to have forgotten. All these damn arm chair "operators" seem to think it is a fucking cake walk are probably the same fucking idiots who think they should be playing pro football as a QB or some shit. It is real damn easy to say what those Marines did was wrong - and overall it was. As for knowing what they went through in the minutes/hours/days/weeks/months leading up to those actions I do not know so I do not judge. Without question something pretty fucking serious had to have happened if four US Marines felt those actions were appropriate. They are highly trained and disciplined men who have proven they have what it takes to do something that 99% of you fuckers can't.

Instead of their military brothers and sisters condemning their actions why don't we close ranks and take care of our own? If you have "been there and done that" then you should know that under stressful situations bad shit happens; but that doesn't mean we should hang them out to dry.

I am a former US Marine and I am my brother's keeper first and foremost.

6. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    No one is telling you to put flowers in their muzzles or try to have them over for tea. No one is telling you how to fight a war-That is your job. Peeing on dead bodies isn't doing your job- It's deplorable. Stop trying to make it sound acceptable to defile a dead body (even if it is an enemies).

Sadly- The cat is out of the bad on being a keeper- These dolts took the video and posted it for the world to see. Stopping them before it happened would be protecting them.

And give me a break with the Marine hype. I appreciate the good Marines that I meet as much as any one else- but there are plenty of shitbags in the Corps too....Your 99% BS is as bad as the OWS math.

The bolded part is all you have to say. There were plenty of opportunities to stop what happened- but a failure in decision making occured. Now- the military gets to deal with a PR nightmare and those Marines (good or not) are going to get hammered.

7. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    As they should get hammered for violations of the UCMJ; but this public mockery of all these armchair quarterbacks is bullshit. All these fobbits and liberals being up in arms over this is complete bullshit. While I am not defending their actions I am defending them. As men and Marines they performed those actions and they should be held accountable for them. As a grown ass man though I am not going to "stand" here and let a bunch of wrench turners or Battlefield cammandos run them down for their behavior. I would expect the same of you of if we were running down Coastie mechanics or whatever you do. If it isn't your field; then your opinion is really just an opinion.

BUT once we and the Ass-crack-astan government are done with these four Marines; why don't we start putting some pressure on the Asscrack people to find those men who were cutting the heads off of our boys? If they want to get all up in arms why don't they start in their own house first.

8. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Brunes bringing the common sense again ...

Well said and I agree.

9. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    tx shooter you where deployed right? if so how many tours did you do?

10. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Why does that matter? Brunes already said everything there is to say, right?

11. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    I have been safely retired for 16 years and was never in combat anyway, but I know, it's more than a shooting war over there. If all it took was force of arms the Red Army would have done it, Queen Victoria would have done it, shit, Alexander The Great would have done it. We don't want the Afghan people to think the Taliban is a better choice than the Americans.
    Close ranks around a bunch of knuckle heads? I don't think so. Stuff like this doesn't help.

12. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    jmg256

jmg256 [OP] Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Well said

13. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I don't think any one is making a mockery of anything-These Marine or their buddy taking the video opened them selves up for any and everything when it was made and made it's way to the internet. Plus-You said yourself that this isn't the worst thing that happens over there right?? So this is a bigger problem than just these 4 guys. You see why the "It's just a little harmless fun to let fo the stress of battle" arugment doesn't fly. Because at some point it goes from jokes, to disrespect, to the stuff like wearing other humans body parts as jewlery and raping and killing them for fun.
    Is that really what we are fighting for??

I'd rather see us leave the afgan people alone altogether- but that's a personal thing. Let them shit where they sleep....We'll deal with our own, real problems.

14. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    If an NCO calls for a working party, the Marines in the video better be the first ones to run up there! :p

15. Jan 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    cullen61918

cullen61918 Member

Member:
    Nobody likes an enemy, especially an enemy that has killed the ones you love. Its easy to fall into something like desecrating a human body of one you hate, it has been done for centuries in every war and conflict. If you look into history, service members have done even worse and it was accepted in society, check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AWM_072837.jpg.

For those who have never faced combat, you will have a harder time understanding the reasoning of this action. First, the guys are young, I would estimate the average age of the 5 men in the video would be 23. Dead people, blood and guts, no longer bothers them, it is now considered the norm. Hey, brain over here, leg over there, no big deal, been there, seen it, whatever. So, everybody hates being in Afghanistan and when Iraq was an option, Iraq sucked too. You would do anything to bring humor, smiles, and laughs to your everyday crazy life in a foreign country of war. With what is given, the Marines made a decision to bring some humor into their lives by pissing on dead bodies of people they hate, after all, they are just dead people... remember, its normal.

I am pretty sure the majority of those who took a life of the enemy and had the opportunity to confirm the death up close, pull out their cameras and took a picture, or two, or 50 to include them in it, and throwing a peace sign, middle finger, or just a smile. This majority would also just keep it to themselves or share it with those that have been there and understand the mindset of being out there.

Now, there is that small percentage of guys who took it a little too far by recording a video of them pissing on dead dudes in unison and stupidly shared it publicly on youtube where the majority of the audience will never understand the reasoning behind the actions which in turn would be looked at negatively and your ass now facing court martial.

Anyways, I understand why these Marines did what they did. Personally, I dont care that they did that. I do care, that they decided to film it and share it with the world. Only negative things can be produced from this... bad image for the United States, the military, specifically the Marine Corps, the Taliban has another video to share with their men to assist in the Taliban recruiting efforts and motivate their men to kill more ISAF personnel, and more freaking classes everybody has to take on how to handle war casualties.

I always say, would you do it if the Sergeant Major of the United States Marine Corps was looking over your shoulder? If you even have a slight hesitation of thought, its probably not the right thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jeremy_Morlock_pulling_dead_Afghan_boy_by_his_hair_in_2010.jpg

Stupid people, quit bragging that you killed somebody and/or did something to it. Nobody cares, everybody will think you are psycho, unless they are psycho too.

16. Jan 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    cullen61918

cullen61918 Member

Member:
    since there was some bickering I read on this thread, YES, ive been to Iraq twice (served with those Betio Bastards in 06'), Afghanistan once, and got my boom stick on a few times.

17. Jan 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Joeymgd78

Joeymgd78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    at the moment Afghanistan
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4.0 V6 Double Cab
    all i have to say is that is you have never spent time in combat i mean real combat then you will NEVER understand why we have the opions we have. im not saying what they did is right, but i understand how it could of happened. everybodys is welcome to have there opionn on this its america. so lets end this thread get past this shit and talk about TACOMAs

18. Jan 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Seems like nobody cares what the fucking fobbits or brown water pirates think! Hahahaha fuck the mud pirates

19. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I guess I'm going to lose a few friends here but..

I've never been in the Military but have acquaintences (Matt Cannan- Lowville NY) that have died in Iraq (so that I can live in luxury)

I fully support our Troops.

It's an environment where people are trying to kill you and if you are lucky enough to kill them first, you're having a good day.

It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) No matter how happy the Soldiers appeared and I support them. If I were there I would have dropped my drawers and given those dead Bastards a full rear end salute. The armchair critics can kiss my ass.
    [​IMG][​IMG]RIP MATT and THANK YOU.[​IMG]

20. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    Joeymgd78

Joeymgd78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    at the moment Afghanistan
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4.0 V6 Double Cab
    i want to buy tx shooter a beer! like they way you think brotha

Products Discussed in