1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

f'in seriously?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08pretaco, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    SSrUs

SSrUs Member

Member:
    Damascus, Oregon USA
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 SR5 Access Cab 2.7L M5
    3" Lift, Nasta Step Bars
    Good advise, I agree. Use the correct bolts and the correct torque and check um again after a couple thousand miles to make sure everything is happy down there.

2. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    ozmon420

ozmon420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    miami, florida
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    18x9 pro comp 7031 rims, alpine iva-d310 w/sirius sat radio, ipod connection, tv tuner, reverse camera, bug deflector, wet okole seat covers, tinted windows, running boards, toytec coilovers front set at 2.5'' , AAL rear,5100's rear, TC UCA, leer topper, bruteforce rear bumper, ARB rear locker.
    thats bs dude

3. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    sonsabitches!:mad:

4. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    so i got a quick question..i got a ome 884 and when i went this morning to the dealership to tell them to fix it they said we will have to charge you because its lifted. i was like wtf? why? oh cause the shop whoever installed your lift had to take these off in order to put it on? i argued with the asshole and said hell no you dont (only argued cause the guy was a smirky asshole with me from the second i drove in there).

my question is this possible that they had to take these off to install the lift?

then i brought up the question about the diesel like sounds he was like its from you exhaust i was like no lets sit in a new one and i guarantee itll be the same. we did he ignored the question after that.

5. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    87Raven

87Raven Active Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4WD
    K&N,TRD Exhaust,3"lift,DTRLS,foglight mod,
    Gotta admit folks 95% of the time the dealership works for me.... but then one time and only once on my new Baby (Tacoma) i felt something was not right how the hell, don't know and Here's what happened i took it in for oil change and tire rotation at the 20K mile mark. sooooo i'm leaving and two blocks i had to pull over and look under the hood-some bozo at the yota store put a little plastic container to catch the oil drainage from the new oil filter reloc-point and he left it there resting on an accsesory belt and no didn't not spill! I like to think that i have established a repoir with the service advisor. finally i went in and raised cain he was embarrassed but he owned up and did the right thing. i'm comfortable with my dealer in Tucson:thumbsup: Besides they are a necessary evil- which im happy to say don't need ofte Hell i drive TOYOTAS!!!

6. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    corona56

corona56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    09 DbleCab LB 4x4
    Added fog light mod Added delay wiper mod Alloy rims with BF Goodrich tires
    I agree completely. They will probably throw you a bone, like some free maintenance or something. Either way, I think they need to know that 'you' know they didn't even bother looking at your truck.

7. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    87Raven

87Raven Active Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4WD
    K&N,TRD Exhaust,3"lift,DTRLS,foglight mod,
    2 more cents... when i had my wife's Camry in for service @ Precision they weren't very straightforward. Their loss! cause i have 4 Yotas and i only trust Desert with my Yotas...Tacoma, 4Runner, Camry and a little ES 330---:)

8. Sep 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    You shouldn't have to pull out your lift to go into the dealership. My dealership is a full on stare at my truck when they see it. They like how it looks so they don't complain. Throw the Mangusson Moss act in their face and tell them to fix it or at least provide you with the parts. That mount coming loose has nothing to do with a lift. They fucked up, didn't look at it, and now they're looking to throw the blame on you.

9. Sep 5, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Same thing happened to me--But, I had driven 200 miles up I5. I took it into a different dealer when oil was spraying all over the place!. As soon as I pulled in, it seemed like the tech knew exactly what was wrong. He told me that Toyota techs. are trained to reuse empty Toyota power steering fluid bottles to catch the oil--Apparently they are not trained to remove them when it's done.:eek: That plastic bottle melted to the engine!

10. Sep 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    There's no way they had to remove them to install the lift. They're trying to come up with all sorts of excuses why they aren't responsible.

11. Sep 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    mick6

mick6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD DC Sport
    None....Yet
    They missed it because they prob never looked......Assholes!

12. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    im so pissed that i waste my time and cause im 20, meaning i look young, they treat me like im a stupid shit that doesnt know anything. i know my way about my truck and know when things are wrong and these shit heads just say whatever. blah blah it just makes me mad

13. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    make sure if you do it youself that home depot has the right grade bolts.i remember going there while doing a engine swap and they didn't carry the right grade.

14. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    so i figured something else out haha i took it a while back for a not really grinding noise but some sort of noise about the middle of the bed maybe further up. so under the truck just now, put some loctite on that one bolt left, i noticed the silly sheet metal around the gas tank rubbing on my driveshaft. another little problem i just fixed that i asked them to look into.
    i mean its all little stuff but little stuff that mechanics should be able to figure out all by themselves.

wrote a nice little note to the service manager over a right toyota with pictures. it was very nice, no swear words but i did a good job conveying my message: that they really suck at what they do.

15. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    I would take it back and seriously kick someones ass, how do you miss shit like that ?

16. Sep 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    04coma

04coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Temple Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 trd offroad sr5 prerunner debadged
    air aid intake and throttle body spacer billet grill clear corner lights and 3rdbrake decal "coma" :)
    i like that esp if the mech is a dick i do my best to make sure that the next time i come in if hes there he does what hes paid to do and its done right pissed one guy off he threatened to "come across that counter and teach me to not complain bout lil bullshit after he whoops my ass" i smiled and laughed he didnt kno the owner was standing behind him its was great you paid for it you have the right to be satisfied and safe with youre truck i say fuck em and fuck em hard

17. Sep 6, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    :eek: I'm gonna check mine right now b/c you never know. Something so simple and yet so retarded of a dealership to miss. Its embarrassing.

Products Discussed in

To Top