1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

finally getting my S/C install today!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toon714, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:

You get the computer re flashed when the SC is initially installed and then you never have to do it again. You don't have to do it after you change the spark plugs.

2. Feb 13, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    You only get one year of warranty on the s/c itself instead of it being included in the remaining vehicle warranty. I wasn't worried about anything happening plus I wasn't about to have someone work on my truck when I could do it myself. I was also the very first person back in 07 in hawaii to have the s/c when I purchased it. Installed at 14k and am at 46k now with no issues.

3. Feb 13, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Congrads man...welcome to "the club"! I love mine and am happy I did CAI and exhaust at the same time. I've seen about a 30% decrease in MPG but that's because I'm addicted to the whine!!! I'm sure once the "newness" wears off I'll get come MPGs back.

4. Feb 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    Guys keep an eye out on that "dayco" brand supercharger belt included with the kit. My belt was slipping after 12k miles, it also had numerous cracks in it. They belt included in the kit is a pos. I got a Gates brand micro-v belt to replace it and now 15k miles later it still looks brand new.

5. Feb 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Do you have to remove the entire S/C or just some 'plumbing'? :confused:
    This could be a deal breaker for me as this was going to be my next mod after a rear bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top