1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got a Tacoma! 02 V6 4x4 Trd

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by x2468, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jun 27, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    x2468

x2468 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    Yeah, it really does feel good to get what you waited patiently for and really wanted. I almost gave up a few times due to the high asking prices and lack of availability. Especially since i gave myself a deadline of mid July.The drive home was mostly smiles but also very nerve racking since me and my girl rented a car to drive up and it was like a brand new compact car with only 7k miles on it, and it was a really smooth riding car. So when I was driving the truck down every little noise or feeling it made had me freaking out. especially since i had only slept like 2 hours and my nerves were kinda fried by the 9th hour of driving. but now i've found out what axle wrap is and from the sound of it people tell me it's natural for the truck to make some operational noises.

In checked the frame, it's still completely black and looks brand new. the guy owned it in PA for 2 or 3 years before moving with it to florida. Either way im going to have it inspected before the October deadline. I'd like them to apply that rust resistant coating in case i ever drive up north in the winter in the next few years. Hopefully these florida dealer or toyota don't give me a hard time since there are no rust issues in florida. HOWEVER... now that i think about it.... I live walking distance from the ocean. Can ocean air corrode the frame?

Products Discussed in

To Top