1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got my Leer 100XR! (lots of pics)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DueNorth, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dec 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    I hated tops at first but I think I want one now after seeing some on here.

2. Dec 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I took the lettering of the rear glass

3. Dec 29, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
    very nice.....I want that same cap. I check craigslist everyday for a used one.

4. Dec 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
  5. Jan 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Thanks! I'm gonna keep the hoist system nice and simple though. I've seen a few different ways to do it from members here on this forum, so i got a good idea how i want to do mine.

After i checked out prices for bedrugs here in Ontario:mad:, i think i may just go this way instead.

I should have bought a camper sooner. :D

As for the snorkel, lots of driving the highway through nasty winter weather (for the next few months) will most likely result in snow filling the intake. I'm trying to help prevent that. ;)

I debadged the rear glass just using a razor blade to help peel it up. Worked like a charm. Unfortunately, by the looks of things, the side logo looks indented into the fibreglass. That may leave quite the depression so i'm undecided whether to take them off or not.

I really want to get the Bedrug mat and tailgate piece but I'm still on the fence if i wanna spend the $200 to do it. That's pretty much 1/4 of the cost of a locker. :D I need to set priorities! lol

All Pro. Soon to be ATO.

Thanks Kim! That's exactly what i went with. I actually just got it delivered today and it turned out to be damaged. A good section of the side of the ramp near the feet was broken off :eek: Now i'm waiting to hear back from the seller on how to procede.

6. Mar 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM
    NetDep

NetDep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Off Road MGM
    I have a LEER and have recently - today - debaged the sticky letters & logo on the back. I heated them slightly with a hair dryer and peeled them off then used GooGone to get rid of the remainder of the adhesive. I REALLY like the look a lot better - I recently took all but the Tacomas off the truck and replaced those with black Tacomas. As well, I de-decaled the truck (TRD Off Road) and also like this A LOT. It is a work in progress - will try to post additional pics but awaiting some more lights - in a week or so.

I REALLY like my Bed Rug and glad I went that route. I bought when I got the truck and they did a really good job with it. Best of luck with your new hobby and keep the pics coming!!!!

IMG_0596.jpg

7. Mar 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Thanks Tim! I really like those fuel cans your using and the bedrug looks sharp too. I just bought a 4x6 outdoor mat to use in the back instead of the bedrug. Got to many mods to save for. ;)

8. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    Thinking about the Leer 180 Wilderness kit . Wilderness Package ! :infantry:

9. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    How do you like the Rotopax ?

10. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    How much weight do you plan to carry on the roof ?

11. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    NetDep

NetDep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Off Road MGM
    Thanks for the kind words!! I LOVE the Rotopax - I hear you about the price but they are quality in build and with the track mounting system for the Tacoma - they are great!! I recently got the group buy on the Hi-Lift mount which I put on the front rail and will be adding a fire extinguisher quick fist to the rail next to the Rotopax.

No smell - no leaks with the Rotopax -- can't really find an unkind word about them!! And they were prompt in delivery.

Products Discussed in

To Top