1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Home, Back from St Joseph's Hospital!

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by AriZonaD54, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 [OP] BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Sorry guys, but no, this story does not end in my patented "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" stories. Last Saturday after our Arizona trial day, I was taking Gear and his step-dad (Art) home after their incident and I noticed some visual problems in my left eye; I had trouble focusing, but thought it was due to a tired eye and irritated contact lense. Nothing really big, just more of an annoyance at that point. So, I decided to sleep on it. Sunday came and I still had the same issue and decided that come the work-week I would schedule an appointment with the opthamologist.

By the time Tuesday arrived, the day of my eye appointment, my left eye had begun to see all vertical straights lines as spaghettii-like lines. Something was array. The eye doctor ran all the usual tests and determined I had swollen optical nerves in both eyes but that the case was worse in my left eye therefore causing the issues. He said that bad contacts, dirty in the eyes and tired eyes don't usually cause swollen optical nerves, but that the additional stress placed from the back of the eyes does; ie. the brain. He looked worried and thought it might be a brian tumor, and immediately told me visit the ER for a CT-scan and MRI. I do do.

I arrived to the ER Triage at St. Joe's in downtown Phoenix and turns out my blood pressure was 240/160 or, double the freakin' normal. So, became a high priority and was rushed to a bed in ER where various tests where preformed. My poor girlfriend was with me and I can only imagine what was going through her head. After about 2 hours, I had completed an EKG, CT-Scan and A-Line, blood test, urine test and was informed many more tests would await upon my arrival to ICU (Intensive Care Unit). After about 4 hours, I was lying in ICU wondering what the hell just happened. After all, ICU is where individuals who are "touch and go" stay, right?

Leaving some details out, day 2 arrived bright and early, and after far too many confusing explanations from doctors, I completed an second EKG and an MRI and MRV of the brain (Damn, those machines are tight! My poor shoulders were getting smashed! ). After this test, I was FINALLY permitted to eat. And, boy did I eat. Day 3 arrived and I was dragged all over the hospital; first, for a Lumbar Puncture/ Spinal Tap and second, for an Angiogram of my Heart and Kidneys. My body still aches from those "tests", but results were negative from any major organ issues.

During the Spinal Tap, the doctors noticed that the spinal fluid had no blood in it (which is good, I suppose) but the pressure was a little too high, thus causing additional pressure in the brain (headaches) and visual problems. They removed some of the fluid, I have a follow-up in up-coming weeks to determine my progress.

The last 3.5 days, I have anxiously spent my time awaiting to get the hell out of dodge, but have had my chained pulled various times only to have my hopes of returning home dashed. Today, Sunday, September 26, 5 days after arrival to the ICU, I have returned home. I have never been this exhausted before in my life...

I still have high blood pressure, which I have never had neither do family members. I have a full host of medications to take. Doctors aren't sure why my blood pressure is so high, but at least there's a medicinal remedy.

Pic for shits and giggles;

[​IMG]

2. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Did they find out what was wrong after all those tests? Sounds scary. Hope you recover quickly.

3. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Wow man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the root cause is found and it's nothing to serious, glad they went no holds bar on testing to find what's going on. Best of luck man

4. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    IamTacO

IamTacO red balls got me!

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    QC az
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD-Offroad
    4x2 Prerunner. Hankook Dynapro ATM rf10 265-65-16, e-locker FTW! Morimoto d2s bi-xenon HID projectors, Philips 85122+ 4300K, Cobra 75 w/ 3' firefly, Kenwood KDC-MP342U w/ SIRIUS, Line-x bed liner, 4' coretrax(black)
    all those tests and nothing? hope you get better soon. that is a crazy ass high blood pressure. i had a 160/110 and that is stage 2 hypertension i think. something ain't right

5. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    Dude,

You're WAY TOO young for this kind of stuff. Stay on top of it! Hope all
    smooths out soon and life gets back to whatever normal is for you.

6. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 LUXURY YEAR
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Hope all is and stays well!

7. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    AriZonaD54

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    When I left the hospital a few hours ago, it was 160/111

Yesterday morning it was 135/85. It's all over the place.

8. Sep 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    Hipster

Hipster Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    Good Golly. Hope all goes well and they figure out what's up.

tom

9. Sep 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    WHOLEY CRAP!! I hope you get better man! Let me know if you need anything!

10. Sep 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    Damn that sucks! Hope they figure out whats going on with ya.
    I wonder if your blood pressure is high because your nervous and the stress of the situation.

11. Sep 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    Did a nephrologist ever come see you? Renal artery stenosis is a large contributor of unknown hypertension but not acutely like your situation, so I'm sure the renal angiogram was normal, right?

CT normal? No mass?

Were you put on Ace inhibitors? Some meds that end in "pril"
    Probably on a bunch of new meds.

Hope you feel better.

12. Sep 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    AriZonaD54

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Gonna go pick up my meds shortly.. Ill post soon

13. Sep 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    hey buddy, glad you're ok, hope it all works out.

14. Sep 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    Get to the house and get some rest. Get better soon ! I f you need something let me know !

15. Sep 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    IndianTaco

IndianTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    wishing you the best of luck!!!

16. Sep 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    holy crap man! get well soon! hope they figure out what is going on.

btw. I had to watch a lumbar puncture video.... :eek::puke:

Good luck! keep us updated on what happens!

17. Sep 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Yikes, feel better man.

18. Sep 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, shorty antenna, blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, bedlined front valance, satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer
    That sucks man, but seriously stay on top of everything.

Don't just take what they give you, ask why your on it.
    (And yes I understand his BP was elevated)

Always ask questions, and get involved with your own healthcare.

Also be glad you didn't have a stroke...

Best of luck to ya.

19. Sep 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    whiskey101

whiskey101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd Double TRD Off-Road
    Glad you are out of the hospital. Those places are dangerous.

Seriously, I hope all the test weren't just to determine that you need blood pressure medicine. My wife's vision got screwy when her BP spiked. Her's was high like your, deadly high. She takes a little pill and all is better now. Hoping the same for you.

20. Sep 27, 2010 at 2:15 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    God damn bro...I'm glad your doing better! Whatta crazy week for you eh? Glad your home and resting man! Keep us posted on test results and stuff

Dude just for an FYI your top # should be between 100-130 and the bottom # 60-90

:eek: Dude your the luckiest guy ever man...anyone else probably would have stroked out! With your blood pressure so high your blood couldn't properly flow...thus causing the swelling in the vessels in your eye and god knows where else in your body :eek:

I've seen people at the hospital have strokes with numbers much lower than yours.

To Top