1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Lifted

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JJ Customs, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Oct 3, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    pokeng

pokeng Married With Children

Member:
    North of Austin/West of Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    Thanks for clarifying! Best looking 265/75/16 setup I've seen.

2. Oct 3, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs [OP] Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    Thanks bud and good catch, I changed the info in the original post also.

3. Oct 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    trucks looking BAD ASS bro...congrats...

4. Oct 3, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    pokeng

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    No sweat. How's the ride compare with the stock setup? I've read EMU rides nice, better than other lifts. I suspect that helped going from the P rated oem tires to the LT Duratracs. What psi do you keep em at? Did you replace the UCA's for alignment concerns, or do the Duratrac 265's have rubbage potential? Sorry for all the questions, but I am seriously considering this setup.

5. Oct 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    JJ Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    No problem bro, ask away. I bugged the hell out of people when I was working up what I wanted. I did replace the UCA's with the LR ones from ToyTec. After getting them I would not go with anything else. These things are heavy duty and go on smooth as silk. They also allow the most adjustment of any other brand. I went with the 10 ply tire because I got them for $650 but the 6 ply from tirerack at $152 each is the best deal going other than that. The tires are rated for 80psi but I am running them at 50, I think I will drop to 45 later tonight. As for rubbing, there is no need to trim anything with this setup. I have the same range as before with no rubbing at all plus if I do take it off road then I should be good there too. Overall after researching for over a year and doing the install myself with a buddy and the price I would not even consider another lift. The ride is great and I went with the 885 coils without the half inch top spacer. Overall I could not be happier. and after it was all said and done I would have been fine with the stock UCA's but I am glad I have the new ones because they are so much stronger.

6. Oct 3, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    pokeng

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Did ya end up with a full 3" lift or somewhere in between because of the spacer? I may try to save my stock UCAs since I don't do much high impact off-roading, but I read others get into trouble with alignment using stock UCAs starting at 3" of lift.

7. Oct 3, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    JJ Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    I ended up with about 2 and 3/4 in the front without the spacer and 2 inches in the back, I already had the TSB done so that left me with about an half inch of rake (1/2 higher in the rear). Every truck is different but I would not have needed the UCA's to correct my alignment.

8. Oct 5, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    motodan00

motodan00 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Co Spgs
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Double Cab, TRD
    Dynolock, Leer topper ToyTec Ult. Lift kit, TRD wheels w/ DuraTrac & Wet okole's on order
    Looks great. I am looking at putting on the same wheel/tire set up.

Products Discussed in

To Top