1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Ordered my Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dalesrn, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Oct 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    Thanks. Almost a perfect match! They look like they came with the truck.

2. Oct 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    Thanks!

3. Oct 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    PaintDrinkingPete

PaintDrinkingPete Well-Known Member

Member:
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    These look pretty good -- just how easy was the install?

4. Oct 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    those look fantastic, digging the TSS logo to match your truck's edition...nice touch. How long did it take for the covers to arrive? I ordered mine a month ago and know I have a couple more to go. How long was the install process? Did you take the seats out?

5. Oct 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    Rsoxfan1

Rsoxfan1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Looks good...I'm very interested in these now.

6. Oct 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Fairly simple. I put in the sun to loosen up the leather for about 30 minutes prior to starting the install process.

Thanks. I really think the TSS logo came out awesome! The pics really don't do it justice! I did not take the seats out to install. I am only 5'8", so maneuvering inside my truck really is not a problem. The only downfall of the covers is that the special orders do take the entire 14 weeks to arrive. I was hoping for 12 weeks, but they arrived at my house on the last day of the 14th week. They took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to install, after I had them sitting in the sun for about 30 minutes. The headrest are actually harder than the seats because they are smaller with very little wiggle room.

The wait is long and dreadful, but believe me, you won't be disappointed. I couldn't imagine them fitting any better.

7. Oct 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    4x4jeep

4x4jeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Destin FL.
  8. Oct 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    tranceporter

tranceporter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rishi
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    4x4, DCSB, Off Road, V6 Tow
    which colors did you choose? Black outer with grey or light grey for the inners?

Also since these slide over the stock seats do they fit well or does the bolstering cause loseness on the front seats?

9. Oct 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Black outer with grey inserts. Match almost perfect to interior grey. Looks OEM.

Fit very tight. Only place that does not fit snug against the seat is the lumbar region of front seats. Only noticeable if you push on the lumbar region with your hand when not sitting against it. Otherwise, once you lean against the seat, the cover goes against the seat and you cannot tell.

10. Oct 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    jake7995

jake7995 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD O/R
    Dalesrn, did you go with the Gray or the Light Gray? Did you send them a picture of the graphic you wanted and specify the size?

11. Oct 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    $450 for front and back shipped to your door. I paid the extra $125 for the custom artwork on the headrests. Total of $575.

12. Oct 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Lueck2004

Lueck2004 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    awesome. Think I will order mine just like yours tonight without the head rest artwork. I like the black grey look with the red stitching.

13. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    jake7995

jake7995 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD O/R
    When you order, use the c20x coupon code for $20 off. I just ordered mine with a TRD logo with mountains in the background. I also ordered seat heaters for the front.

14. Oct 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    did you order from trdsparks.com or somewhere else? How were you able to specify logos? I ordered a set a few weeks ago and I may want to modify it with some logos now.

Thanks

15. Oct 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Ordered mine from http://www.clazzio.com/

There is a place for custom logos. All you need to do is send them the artwork, and they work their magic! Awesome customer service. I think they actually have a $25 off coupon through 10/21.

16. Oct 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I thought about the heaters, but I live in South Louisiana. Wouldn't really use the heaters much.

Would love to see your artwork.

17. Oct 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I went with gray and they almost match the OEM gray perfectly. I did send them the artwork, and they adjusted the size to fit the headrest.

18. Oct 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    tacoman49

tacoman49 New Member

Member:
    nc
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma off road
    Cool! I've noticed from other vehicles that I've owned that cloth seats wear badly around the outer edges near the door. I want to put these on before that happens. They look really great! Thanks for posting!

19. Oct 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    NewtoTacoma

NewtoTacoma Active Member

Member:
    None yet
    Are the seat covers actually leather? Or are they bio vinyl as mentioned in the link to the trdsparks.com site?

20. Oct 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    im pretty sure these are vinyl around the edge with a leather insert down the middle based on the price.

that said I am wondering if anyone has any experience with TRDSparks.com and their full Bio-pvc or if anyone knows anything about them? not sure if they will be hot, makes my ass sweat or just look crappy.

Products Discussed in

To Top