1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally used my warranty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue Tango, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    So after my last oil change I noticed the overhead temp and compass were no longer working. I decided rather than look up the fix on here with the resistors I would get some use out of the warranty I bought with the car. So far I've used $260. Now I also talked to them about my very annoying squeaky leaf springs and they said I'd have to pay for them to lubricate them. After looking at it I don't think the TSB was done so I want to go talk them into doing it if it can be done before I move up to VA in a couple weeks. I might have to go back to the dealer I bought it from to try this, the local Toyota dealer is absolute garbage.

2. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    what pars of VA

3. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    Somewhere close to Langley AFB. Not sure yet since I don't know the area. I'm actually trying to look up places to live online but it's tough with no knowledge of the place.

4. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Actually there is a TSB for squeaky leaf springs. I know. I had it done!
    The dealership that I took my truck to to get my TSB AAL done, first did the squeaky TSB in order to "fix" my bottoming out problem. Seriously, they tried to tell me that was the problem.
    So if you can look it up and find it, it should be out there.

5. Jun 28, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    Hey man, I am stationed at langley and have been for 5 years now. Anything info you need or questions you have, just ask. I'm actually deployed in Japan right now, but still... When are you gonna get there? Send me a PM...

6. Jun 28, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    tammikm

tammikm Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    if the leafs are sqeaking and its under the 3 year warranty they HAVE to fix it for free

7. Jun 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LOL...No they don't. I can make the springs squeak from offroading in the dust and mud around here. They have to look at it for free and that's about it. They aren't required to clean my dirty springs under warranty.

That being said- There is a TSB for squeaky springs-they add some anti friction pads and some grease....so it's worth asking.

To Top