1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

financial aid essays.....I NEED HUGE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by MROBERTS, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    MROBERTS

MROBERTS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stevenson AL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    10000k hids, horn relcation, and more
    i need help writing an essay on "why i need financial help with college"
    i am going to be a freshman at Jacksonville State Univeristy in the fall and this essay is for a scholarship and i was wondering if anyone had so ideas to get me started on how to write it:confused::confused:

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    My suspicion is that this is really a math problem in disguise. I assume also you have filed for Federal aid too; most schools use the FAFSA data when determining scholarships.

Explain that your family does not have the monies to meet the expected family contribution (EFC) and that grants + loans will not meet the expected cost of attendance as determined by the US Dept. of Education.

Bona fortuna

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    bozotaco

bozotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma
    i would say if lie if you really want the cash, and be prepared to make up a good story. I'll be graduating this year with only $2,100 dollars in debt, worked all 4 years and paid the rest of tuition in cash. Its def possible, but gov student loans aren't bad either due to the low interest rates.

4. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Is this for a private grant?

Is this for a need based grant?

What you write depends greatly on who the audience is.. why are they giving out the money? Are they trying to help out people who otherwise could not afford to goto college, could not goto that particular college, are studying a particular field/major, belong to a special group (black, american indian, gay, single mom,...)

How long does your paper need to be? Usually they restrict the length. This will depend on the approach you take in writing your essay.

Please post more information. You really have not given us enough information to be helpful... guess I see why getting started writing this essay is challenging for you :)

5. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    I respectfully disagree with these strategies.

What monies I have gotten from grants and scholarships have come from being frank and from academic achievement. I received a $1K scholarship with four words: 'I bust my ass'. Either my candour of my humour won that day. Here, the essay asked a very simple question - why does the applicant need this money, so I think such tactics may not be warranted. I may be wrong, and there is really only one way to find out, so I must leave this matter to the OP.

6. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I hate applying for this stuff... I am completely on my own, but the schools won't recognize or let me prove it. Therefore, I am instantly noneligible for most scholarships due to what my parents make. Gay.

From my experiences though, be honest and list achievements. You can BS a little bit, but I say keep your answer precise.

7. Feb 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    yeah it sucks ass if you're under 24 and on your own. I was so happy when I turned 24 for that reason lol

Just be honest, say i make X amount, school and living is going to cost Y amount and the answer Z will = negative

Products Discussed in

To Top