1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finding out military info!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by StZu, May 19, 2010.

1. May 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    StZu

StZu [OP] Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    My grandfather died in 2005 he was 96 y/o and he was in WWII. He would never talk about the war and I would like to find out some information on him. I know that he was awarded the Purple Heart somewhere in the Pacific. I was wondering if anyone knew of any online services that could help me find out where he was stationed and some other general info about him. Preferably free. I would also like to find out some info on my dad and my uncle. They were both in Vietnam, and they too never talked about their experiences, I would like to know more about them. They have both passed on also.
    Thanks for your help. I want to know more about my family so I can pass on the fond memories to my son. He will never know the great men that were my father, grandfather and uncle. But I will let him know they were great men.
    Thanks for the help,
    Rich

2. May 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    OlyTacoma173

OlyTacoma173 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Xtra Cab TRD 4x4
    LineX Spray-in bedliner, deckplate mod, K&N High-flow filter, Camburg Coilovers and UCAs, Alcan leaf-pack, Elite plate bumper
  3. May 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    rsincavage85

rsincavage85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Do you know where in the Pacific he was or what unit he was with? I studied WWII in depth because my history teacher had family fighting for both sides. What a family reunion that must have been. But seriously the books I used went to great detail about the units and some people and recipients of awards.

Products Discussed in

To Top