1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firearm BS thread

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Konaborne, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2020 at 7:27 AM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    EDIT:
    The comments in here are WILD. Folks dragging in Communists, CZ, Dr. Faucci, Democrats, Chinese Govt: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/t...ing-infringement-on-their-rmr-red-dot-patent/

This one stands out and gets to the point:
    "America ripped off Mauser, too, don’t forget — remember the 1903 Springfield? German Mauser by another name. And Mauser sued for patent infringement too, AND WON. Does anyone want to guess how many times American gun companies have been sued for copying the patented inventions of other Americans, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, blah blah blah blah …. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. It is called CAPITALISM. Copy your competitors, but do it cheaper and better. Trijicon has not WON its lawsuits … yet. So far, they are just upset that Holosun are better CAPITALISTS than Trijicon, if the comments about QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, and COST are accurate."

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    95 taco and LMarshall73[QUOTED] like this.
  2. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:45 AM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    95 taco likes this.
  3. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    That seems a bit petty, Trijicon has long been the expensive option and from my basic understanding for the most part it’s just an increased profit margin.

I don’t see any basis for the suit unless they’re going after battery life, the RMR’s design hasn’t been copied due to the patent of the owl ears and to my knowledge Holosun hasn’t released or shown any product similar to the SRO referenced in the article, it sounds like Trijicon is butthurt that they’re losing sales due to high pricing (low value) and they want to create a monopoly.

MadDaddy likes this.
  4. Aug 6, 2020 at 10:16 AM
    MadDaddy

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    You're not wrong. I can't say any more about it (NDA).

5. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:24 PM
    dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tacoma TRD Pro.
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    probably going after a Chinese company that literally steals competitors designs and puts them on their Chinese products. It’s why I could never bring myself to support a Chinese product.

6. Aug 6, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    LMarshall73

LMarshall73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Cocoa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    It's not stealing if you are making a similar product with better features at a lower price point. Stealing would be a direct 1:1 transfer of design or tech. Last I checked, Trijicon doesn't offer solar (aside from fiber optic), shake-awake, or 50k hour battery life.

MadDaddy and 95 taco like this.
  7. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:43 PM
    dfanonymous

Member:
    Vehicle:
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    That’s the lawsuit. I’m not going to speculate what part of the design is being sued upon as far as infringement other than its obvious they have a patent on redot’s designed a certain way.

However, Holosun has a direct tie to the Chinese gov. It’s not like China is not known for stealing US tech. Much of the continent doesn’t believe in intellectual property, it’s more if you can make it, sell it. Funded by Huijin—owned by the People’s Republic of Chicom.

I don’t care about the poors, with the poor people mentality. Trijicon, a US company, with .mil contracts doesn’t market to the budget market much. Probably never will. Because here in the US we don’t run sweat shops in one example.

I think one of the features in the suit was the auto dim feature. As well as some of the electronics design. I don’t think solar or shake awake is the issue.

8. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:56 PM
    MadDaddy

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    The Bloomberg article is poorly written. They’re not exactly gun friendly, remember? Am I understanding your take being that if Holosun has a connection to one of the world’s largest militaries, that it sullies their reputation?
    But then you turn around and point to Trijicon’s military connection as a validation? “Borrowing” happens all the time. The Mauser is one example. Ever hear of Operation Paperclip? You’re probably not going to like that one.

95 taco likes this.
  9. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:12 PM
    LMarshall73

LMarshall73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Cocoa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    Trijicon has been near the top of the heap so long they've been caught napping. While there is no doubt the ACOG is a great, battle proven optic, there are a number of shortcomings that Holosun and whatever Chinese manufacturer builds for Primary Arms have addressed.

Are the Holosun and PA optics as durable? No idea. Lord willing, my optics will never be subjected to torture testing at the hands of a Marine (those fuckers can break anything). As such, I can outfit a handful of guns with good optics for the same cost of outfitting one with a premium optic. The money saved is better spent on ammo and training than on Instagram points.

Speaking of Marines, Travis Haley had been working with Holosun to further develop their optics and pointing devices. I don't know if that partnership is ongoing, but he was putting their stuff through the paces and was impressed.

95 taco likes this.
  10. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    Since I broke my Iphone while shooting these photos I figured I should share at least one.
    My first three picks for "Go to war" pistols (That I own).
    IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  11. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:34 PM
    dfanonymous

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I looked at the lawsuit. I didn’t read the article.

Negative. The US military connection is that they don’t market to budget market. China military part is that they are opposition to the US. In many ways. Why fund them merely because one is to cheap to buy aimpoint, eotech or trijicon. Yes I know that aimpoint isn’t a US company, before all the gotcha’s start coming but they are not direct opposition.

To Marshall,

I’m not talking about torture testing, nor am I quoting famous remarks of grand thumb or his homies. I was in the same job field as Travis Haley for just a little less time and went on to do other stuff in the same context before I got out. I already have an opinion on how things work. My issue is funding chicom.

Old Marine Cal likes this.
  12. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM
    mjbtaco

mjbtaco low and slow

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Montclair , so cal
    Vehicle:
    Turbo'd 95.5 extra cab and 2013 Silver DCSB TRD Sport
    PERFORMANCE Custom Turbo Setup FRONT SUSPENSION Drop Spindles by Aaron Carswell 01-04 Swaybar Endlinks Energy Suspension Endlink Bushings Cando Upper Control arms QA1 coilovers with 8" spring Custom 4 pot Brembo BBK Modified lower control arms with mjbfab qa1 mounting plates and Poly bushing sleeves REAR SUSPENSION Chasis Tech drop leafs QA1 adjustable shocks weld in drop notch Gas tank cross member bridge 3" angled blocks 2013 Double Cab Short Bed TRD Sport Eibach Pro Truck Shocks front and rear Lifted to the 3rd setting on the front shocks
    Found this knife after like 3 years so I posed it with the xd9 lol

20200806_213811.jpg

13. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:43 PM
    GrilledCheese

GrilledCheese Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro AG M/T
    Guess how vacant my wallet is...
    15497F45-0E3F-4386-8435-265D7A788073.jpg

-Rorschach-, mackw10, TomTwo and 7 others like this.
  14. Aug 7, 2020 at 6:01 AM
    MAG GRY TACO15

MAG GRY TACO15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD Off-Road
    Same crap everyone else got
    well we at least know $200 lighter thanks to Uncle Sam and his tax cut.

15. Aug 8, 2020 at 5:02 AM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Went to the range for our anniversary and slungs some lead. Nothin fancy, her deer rifle, both of our carry revolvers and tried setting a sope on an AR but I have to change the mounts, I couldn't get it high enough... But I think it's fixed now
    20200807_162445.jpg 20200807_165106.jpg

16. Aug 8, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    I started the process today, I’m 10% of the way through not counting the RSO and State classes.
    1AB6C1EC-125C-46FD-8D6A-610283ECC376.jpg

CrippledHo, RobP62, Vabunch and 3 others like this.
  17. Aug 8, 2020 at 10:40 AM
    MadDaddy

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    Nice! I got my NRA RSO last year. It was a really pleasant experience.

18. Aug 8, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    I’m looking forward to it, almost unlimited brass, free training, 5 hours/month commitment and at the end of a year we have a banquet with an open bar and raffle for firearms and gift cards, there are just too many benefits to say no.
    An acquaintance is getting her certificate to train the RSO class for NRA today so I’ll probably use her for my RSO class.

CrippledHo and MadDaddy[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Aug 8, 2020 at 4:34 PM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    [​IMG][​IMG]I have some large pistol primers and have no use for them. 5 boxes of wolf 1 box of CCI
    $20 plus shipping takes them

Vabunch, mcharfauros and 95 taco like this.
  20. Aug 9, 2020 at 5:56 AM
    CrippledOldMan

CrippledOldMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Salisbury North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Crew Cab
    None
    Anyone out there a fan of the Windham Weaponry rifles. I currently have 2 of their SRC. One is a carbine gas length, and the other is a mid length. I've made some changes to both of them. Free floated the barrels, with new low profile gas blocks. Aftermarket triggers. My scoped rifle really likes the Federal XM193 AF90. I can keep 20 rounds in the 2x2 diamond at 100 yards easily. I actually shot a 3 shot group that clover leafed one day. I should have taken a photo of that, but most people like a 5 shot group. My first 5 of that group ended up about 1 inch. I figure anyone who will come out of retirement, get financing to reopen a gun manufacturing facility and put people back to work with years of experience already under their belt is my kind of company. Let me know what ya think of Windham.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    mcharfauros and Sig45 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top