1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firearm BS thread

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Konaborne, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dec 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM
    Tacomania

Tacomania IG: _tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner / 2016 SR5 Tundra
    Check out guns.deals for any price changes and comparison accross different vendors, if you are not aware of the site. They have an app too

Wixo[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Dec 12, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    Wixo

Wixo Platinum+ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 SR5 Tundra CM 5.7L Barcelona Red
    Tint, LED interior
    Ill take a look at that...I have one in my sights (pun) on gunbuyer. It fits within last years bonus so Im really considering it.

Tacomania[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Dec 12, 2019 at 9:58 AM
    Tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    :eek:. Nope was not aware of that. I'll check it out, thanks for the info

Wixo[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:01 AM
    Tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    Lol. I bought mine for 600, I know I have seen it after that for 550 and maybe 500 too

Wixo[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    Tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    The Q4 and Q5

Screenshot_20191212-120352_Instagram.jpg

Twizted, Bagman, Vabunch and 3 others like this.
  6. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    EubeenHadd

EubeenHadd Bit of a derp

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    2005 T4R 4.7 AWD
    Encounter AT 32", OME 90021/885/895
    My buddy put together a comp'd M&P 5" that shot flat as hell, but needed a reduced power recoil spring to run properly.

Wixo and Tacomania[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    Tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    I did buy a spring set but those were for the Q5 I'll see if they work with the Q4, if not will check out specific ones for it

8. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:02 AM
    Wixo

Wixo Platinum+ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Vehicle:
    Tint, LED interior
    The Q4 TAC? I saw it for like $760 something like that. The other PPQs I see for sub $500

Tacomania[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    Wixo

Wixo Platinum+ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Vehicle:
    Tint, LED interior
    I needa change my underwear now

Tacomania[QUOTED] and TomTwo like this.
  10. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    Just because a flashlight is mounted, doesn't mean you need to have it ON. If you're going to be clearing a house (hopefully, YOUR house), having an attached flashlight is useful and you just flick it on when you're looking at particular places that require more light. Practice this if you do it, though.

JDAM, 95 taco and Wixo like this.
  11. Dec 12, 2019 at 12:20 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    I have an HS403C (Aimpoint style) on my SBR for 2 years and I’m liking it so far.
    I recently got an HS507C (RMR style) for my M&P slide that I had cut and I had to RMA the first one out of the box (LED died after 30 rounds) and only have about 150 rounds through the new 507C but I’m happy with it, I’m curious to see how it does long term.

Vabunch likes this.
  12. Dec 12, 2019 at 12:37 PM
    Tacomania

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy Mike
    Vehicle:
    Yes, I just saw at gunbuyer for 570. Check the site gave you and you will find a good deal:thumbsup:

I always go there to check different prices and deals..

Wixo[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Dec 12, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tacoma TRD Pro.
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    You’re correct. Yes I’m familiar with the technique. It’s conducted on the snap after you are about finished pie’ing and address the last corner. As I said it depends, light discipline is a thing for a reason, there’s more to combat then in a house.

Likewise, 99% of people don’t know how to clear a room and have no business doing so in the first place for their own safety and the safety of the public. This includes military. If you email didn’t end in vb.socom.mil then chances are (generalization) that closest you learned was a form of urban operation training, just enough to get you killed.

El Duderino and shane100700 like this.
  14. Dec 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Not to mention team cohesion. Going back to the example of the dumbass in Las Vegas or someone trying to “respond” to a school shooting, if you’re lucky the cops won’t mistake you for the assailant. Let’s say they don’t, you’re also getting in the way, and you have never worked with the team responding. Now if your in a Mall without an egress route, by all means hold up somewhere, then gather and “guard” anyone in the vicinity.

Couple years ago we had a former marine, he seen some people stealing from the mall. He then decided to try and stand behind their parked car. When they drove away, he opened fire with several shots. Having a CCW doesn’t make you an off duty swat operator fed. See and hear about scenarios like that far to often.

https://www.kulr8.com/news/man-behi...cle_0a5bc4c9-a565-5afd-87d7-94536a4d6c7b.html

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    dfanonymous[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Dec 12, 2019 at 3:44 PM
    dfanonymous

Member:
    Vehicle:
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    This is correct too. Just focusing on the aspect of CQB, be it open or enclosed, it’s extremely dangerous to take on as a individual. Most times, especially in a hurry, you will be forced to make 50/50 decisions that would be otherwise easier to cover in a team or squad. Say you are “clearing your house” and you start pie’ing the already open front door into a center fed room, most likely a living room space with no activity, you have a least one corner that is a guess, then you have however many openings that exist when making depth into the space, mine has 4. A hallway, part of a kitchen, dining room and the beginning of a second living room. While it’s straight forward to pie’ the room and before entering the fatal funnel, I’d have to guess which corner to snap, left or right, then what section of the house to clear while exposed to four other directions of fire just simply by the geometry of the structure. I’d have to enter through the side into the garage and clear from that direction to gain a foot into my structure and hold ground without getting my self pinched by entering into and through the second living room. You don’t always get that option.

.劉煒 and shane100700[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Dec 12, 2019 at 6:00 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
  17. Dec 12, 2019 at 6:12 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    Clearing a freighter sucks. That is all.

TXpro4X4 and dfanonymous[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Dec 12, 2019 at 6:16 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    TBH the main exercise in a house clearance for most folks is to get all family members accounted for, assuming a threat is present due to an intrusion or whatever, and then hunkering down and awaiting backup from the local PD. 'Fight and move to contact' is definitely a last resort (depending on how far away back up is), for us the contact drill she'll cover while I sweep our way to the kid's rooms. Any further sweeping from that isn't advised as we're pretty close to backup anyway, and they have more gear than I do.

Old Marine Cal likes this.
  19. Dec 13, 2019 at 5:36 AM
    EubeenHadd

EubeenHadd Bit of a derp

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    2005 T4R 4.7 AWD
    Encounter AT 32", OME 90021/885/895
    This right here. If you're clearing your house, it should be to locate family/friends. Moving to engage is probably not a good idea (barring arsonists or some such. Remember that safe rooms make great ovens, have an escape plan for your escape plan.)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  20. Dec 13, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    dfanonymous

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So we all agree single man room clearing is bad extremely dangerous. There’s no perfect end all be all to cqb. In any situation. Best outcome is bad guys die and good guys live. If we’re all just bullshitting on the topic:

Having a plan is good, a defensive position is a different topic altogether. However cqb is some aspects are all the same, be it from bedroom to bedroom or a city block. Once you pick up a firearm and go to the low ready with the expectation of a credible threat, it’s all the same regardless of the fall back plan or the amount of time on the X.

Moving to engage sounds so dirty like you’re buttonhooking or doing some of that prehistoric garbage that they probably still teach those poor grunts and vbss dudes today.

In reality being methodical is still what reduces error. Let’s say, modifying a Israeli unlimited entry technique for one man, or if you have a second person...it works perfectly. Or just simply slice the pie. However if you have to move RIGHT NOW to get to say, kids in another room, even if it’s just down a hallway it’s highly probable by moving to quickly to not:

1) process your angles without over exposing and it turning into a straight gun fight
    2) Process hands. Nobody likes blue on blue, and it’s hard to explain to the cops why you shot your drunk friend.

This really comes down to pie’ing being a slow tedious process. You should see a shirt sleeve first before you see their body just before showing them the good news.

At least in my experience, you rarely get to determine the specifics of the situation and sometimes we are forced to make decisions. But, if surprise isn’t on your side and/or you have to move like in a full dynamic entry, there’s a potential its going to be light show for better or worst. You’re gucci until you ain’t.

Tacomania, .劉煒 and Old Marine Cal like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top