1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone lifetime alignment 1/1/20 only

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by Nu2taco, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jan 2, 2020 at 3:43 PM
    BeLance89

BeLance89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2002 White TRD double cab
    I had the same experience with my Firestone. Paid for the lifetime but it seemed to always veer to the right or come out of spec soon after getting it aligned so now o take it elsewhere to have it done right and I’m actually happier even though I am paying for the alignment every time. At least it gets done right.

as far as the “modified” concern goes, Firestone was fine with it but said the lifetime is good as long as I don’t make any other suspension changes AFTER getting the alignment done. So if I got a Lifetime alignment without aftermarket UCAs, but then installed them later, I’d have to pay the full cost again.

eon_blue[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jan 2, 2020 at 4:10 PM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner Venture
    my issue. I tried the life time twice. They didn’t get my alignment correct one time on either car, and each one was in there multiple times

BeLance89 and eon_blue[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Jan 3, 2020 at 8:51 AM
    taco_boy

taco_boy Antiplastidipper

Member:
    California/Land of the Fee
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD On Road MT
    Noob Taco owner

4. Jan 4, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    chojin

chojin Member

Member:
    SGV/OC
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma
    I guess I’m lucky. I have a lifetime warranty and aftermarket suspension but I’m still at stock height so I haven’t had any issues.

5. Jan 11, 2020 at 2:35 PM
    TacoTaco02

TacoTaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    02 Ext Cab SR5 TRD 4x4 V6
    I used to work for Firestone.

It's all up to the store manager and tech for alignments. They generally don't like custom alignment requests because they are all corporate stores and customers complaining affects the manager and service manager monthly bonus.

Alot of times people wanted custom specs and then always complained about it even after getting it as close as possible. It causes headaches and then the techs get pissed off because they are working flat rate and end up working for free when it takes longer than the 1.2 that they get paid.

6. Jan 11, 2020 at 2:44 PM
    socalexpeditions

socalexpeditions IG: @socalexpeditions

Member:
    +2 I love my Firestone. Actually, I’m sitting in the lobby waiting for them to take my truck in right now.

All the techs know my truck, and in the footnotes of my name, they have my exact alignment specs that I want, and they nail it everytime. I too go and hangout with the techs and sometimes even do the truck myself when the manager isn’t there.

People complain about drifting right - Ask them next time to have a .6-.7 difference between left and right camber, left being the lower number.

Products Discussed in

To Top