1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First aid/medic bags in your tacoma?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by burnseason, May 18, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
  2. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
  3. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    I have a custom first aid kit I put in the back door. And I also have a combat medic bag full of shit, from gunshot kits to kids boo boos.never be caught with your pecker in your hand,is what my dad used to say.

4. Nov 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    Why are you driving your truck into a scene where someone was shot?

I'm sorry, but as a professional paramedic I would laugh my ass off at someone who pulled out a "medic bag" out of their truck on a scene. Just my personal opinion

5. Nov 8, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    A lot of offroad/hiking trails border or are even IN hunting areas. You can be dozens or even hundreds of miles from a hospital. You're vulnerable to gun shots, bears, mountain lions, snake bites, stings, falling trees and rocks, and much much more.

As a medic I'm sure i don't have to tell you that in an emergency every second counts, and in the middle of nowhere it is going to be quite a few seconds before help arrives. And in a life threatening situation like that, in a similar location I doubt you'll find someone willing to turn your help away because you're not a trained emt.

6. Nov 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    x2 I live and play in an area far from where the ambulances are stationed I would say it would be about a 10 minutes wait or so. I can do alot in that time, control hemorrage, put on splints, evaluate patient. If I had a backboard and some help I could immobilize patient if needed. ( I am not gonna carry around a backboard and spyder straps or 18 or whatever amount of triangulars is needed around with me.) To have a "medic bag" with you if you are in a city where an ambulance will take 1-2 minutes or so to get to you may not be practical, but when in the sticks it could save someones life.

7. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Why would you carry more than a first aid kit (or advanced first aid kit) most of the time? IDK, there are reasons why basic first aid would be enough while someone else went for help. And if you're not a trained (and working) paramedic, I'm not sure I would want you working on me with any more than the basics.

For most of us, it will be better to do the best you can with a first aid kit and wait for help to come to you if the injury is serious. At least that's my opinion.

8. Nov 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    Lazylegs

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    I hope that you never have to experience this then . You might bleed out before you get help..No reason to be a dick about it. Any one can go get certerfied by the American redcross to adminster first aid and CPR.

9. Nov 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    Lazylegs

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold

Thank You.:)

10. Nov 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity

Being certified in CPR is completely different then pulling out an IV with fluids, a cric kit and BVM. AHA instructs lay personal to compressions only. Not being a dick, just my opinion.

11. Nov 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Simply awesome, this thread has put me on alert to have something in my truck!!
    Does anyone know if Burnseason (OP) is ok being in Afgan/Pakastan, last time he checked in was 09/17/2011!!!!!

12. Nov 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Here's a breakdown of what I carry, maybe you can pull some ideas from it:

Outside pocket #1 (The immediately life threatening pocket):

Tourniquet
    Compression bandages
    Quikclot (Warning: Do NOT use it unless you've been trained on it!)
    Latex gloves
    CPR Mask
    NPA tube (Nasal Airway Tube)
    EMT sheers

Outside pocket #2 (The get away from me, motherfucker pocket)

ASP baton
    OC spray
    Additional magazines for my carry gun
    3x zip cuffs

Small outside pockets:

Flash light
    Sharpee
    Knife

Map pocket:

Map with coordinates, addresses, and phone numbers to all major hospitals.
    Forest map
    Road map
    Phone roster of important phone numbers

Minor medical pocket:

Regular bandages
    Eye socket bandages
    Abdominal bandages
    Wraps, etc.
    Aspirin
    Burn cream
    Antiseptic wipes
    Bee sting, etc.
    Tweezers
    All the boo-boo's and ouchie's kind of stuff.

Large center pocket (medical):

SAM splints
    More compression bandages
    Instant ice packs

Center pocket (non medical):

Hand wipes
    Road flares
    Chem lights
    Batteries (123A and AA)
    Aluminum emergency blankets
    550 cord
    100 MPH tape
    Multi-tool
    Note pad and pen.

Probably forgetting a few things, but it gives you some ideas.

Other stuff in the truck, but not in that particular bag:

GPS
    Shovel and axe (bed mounted)
    Hi-lift (bed mounted)
    Shackles, snatch block, recovery straps, compressor, plug kit (behind/under seats)
    Basic tools
    Additional flashlight
    Extra socks, underwear, long johns.

13. Nov 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    I carry a small basic first aid kit. However I do carry a separate bag with some juice, some glucose tablets and icing in a tube since my son and Mom are both type 1 diabetic. :)

14. Nov 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    1rooster

1rooster TACOMA31750

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra crewmax
    5100's ALL WAY AROUND, 885X COILS, DRIVER SIDE LEAN SPACER, ICON PROGRESSIVE AAL W/O OVERLOAD, 265/75/16 KENDA KLEVER M/T. 1 1/4 SPIDERTRAC WHEEL SPACERS, GEN 1 TRD COLD AIR INTAKE, STOCK MUFFLER WITH CHOPPED TURNDOWN, 5% TINT OVER FACTORY, DEBADGED, TOYOTA RUBBER BED MAT, WEATHERTECH MATS,UWS TOOLBOX, UNDERCOVER SE, LOCKER MOD, REAR BUMPER, PIONEER DOUBLE DIN WITH PARKING BREAK OVER RIDE, CUSTOM OIL CATCH CAN, FULL LED INTERIOR, ARB BUMPER REPLACEMENT. COVERKING SEAT COVERS. MORIMOTO H1 MINI COVERSION WITH MINI GATLIN GUN SHROUDS AND 5000K MORIMOTO BULBS. TRAILER PLUG RELOCTED TO BUMPER. 20 INCH LED LIGHTBAR MOUNTED BEHIND CUSTOM PAINTED GRILL. STUBBY ATNENNA
    With my work being in ems, it is very easy for me to get supplies and cool items. i store all my easy access supplies behind my driver rear seat. just the simple stuff like trauma shears, gloves, dressings, bandaids for an example. i also carry many of the same supplies plus more in my portable first aid in my toolbox for camping/exploring.
    [​IMG]

15. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    This looks VERY SIMILAR to the kit I carry. It's a throw-back to the years I spent as an EMT. (No IV fluids or cric-kit, but I'm pretty well equipped at the BLS level...)

16. Dec 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    shreddindan

shreddindan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victorville,CA and Essex,CA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport OFFROAD 4WD
    Black Diamond window tint on the front windows, sylvania silverstar head lights, sylvania silverstar fog light bulbs, tailgate lock, bed storage compartment locks, driver side mag light mount, additional bed D rings, console vault, pro comp lift kit 3" front 1" rear, BFG All terrains 275/70/17, n-fab Double Cab Wheel to Wheel nerf steps, satoshi grille, BAMF behind the grille light bar with 20" double row light bar, flow master exhaust, debased all the way around
  17. Dec 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Occupation
    <----

course ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top