1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First oil change what brand of oil/filter do you use.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lepedog23, May 22, 2010.

1. May 22, 2010 at 12:32 AM
    lepedog23

lepedog23 [OP] Taco Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Huntington Park
    Vehicle:
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 trying to rebuild ***Sold2001 DC Tacoma. Stock. Salvage Title MOD.
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 ***Sold 2001 Tacoma, Salvage Title MOD. ***Sold 2010 Tacoma doublecab prerunner
    hey guys im going to do my first oil change i just got to 4,000 miles and since i drove it like hell when i went up to oakland from l.a. i want to get the oil out. i was thinking of going with royal purple 5x30 and royal purple filter. what do you guys think and what do you use? do i need to have break in oil or is 5w30 good? i was also thinking of using one of those oil stabilizers from lucas.

2. May 22, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    Many threads on this already, search engine is good to use and there is a lot of good info on this site.

Most guys seem to go with Mobil 1 oil, or any major name brand. And for the filter, Toyota oil filter is fine or even a Mobil 1 filter, or purolator filter is fine too. Just make sure to never use Fram filters.
    No need for a break in oil, and no need for any of those "oil stabilizers". Everything you need is in the synthetic oil.

Have fun.

To Top