1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First time Off Road in a Prerunner in SD?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by peterj, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Dont listen to all the bullshit about having to go out and by a 4x4:rolleyes:. I've owned my non locking Prerunner for the past three years now, and have had to be pulled out plenty of times. But that was only when i was trying some really tuff crawling trails with the 4wheeldrives. You will be suprised what your truck can do without 4x4 and without a locker. Just go out and enjoy your truck to the fullest. Its a toyota for god sakes:D My truck has kept up with thee best of them(4x4's) and has done very well. Look up broken-shaft-Gulch, its in Ocotillo wells, and its a 4x4 only rated trail and i made it through with ease and patience! Most couldn't believe thyat i wasnt 4x4. they were all suprised, even the jeep group that was headed in just after us. I live up in the Pine Valley area so i am very close to all the trails. just hit me up if you ever want to just get out and have some fun

2. Mar 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    I got your same setup man 07 prerunner trd offroad witth the rear locker. Don't listen to all the negatives about our trucks, I was just mudding with a good friend of mine out at the leveies and all he did was talk bad about my truck. He has a dodge 1500 98 model 4x4 all that jazz, but needless to say before the night was over I pulled his ass out and I never got stuck ;) Karmas a bitch when you8 talk about our yotas

Products Discussed in

To Top