1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fixed high idle now ac wont work at idle

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by KenC, Jul 5, 2012.

1. KenC

KenC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    pottsville,pa
    i had a high idle issue a few months back after replacing iac,tps and adjusting stop screw its back to normal except ac isnt working at idle.i dont know if the issue has anything to do with high idle or not becaue i just bought the truck about 6 months ago.
    if the truck is runnning and i turn ac on the light on button illuminates but rpm doesnt change so i opened hood and compressor clutch is not engaged.if i rev the throttle up the ac clutch engages and stays engaged as long as rpms are up appr. 1500ish and truck blows cold air.i had some 1 hook gauges up and there is the proper amount of r143a in the system so that isnt the issue but if i unplug tps after a few seconds the clutch will kick on at idle.im stumped any info greatly appreciated

2. hossmaster

hossmaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, Tx
    Was a PreRunner, now it isn't
    the tps has a bit of slop built into the mount holes especially on aftermarket ones, perhaps you need to loosen the tps and rotate it a bit to get it all to work correctly.

[​IMG]

3. KenC

KenC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    pottsville,pa
    the factory and aftermarket 1 that i have are not slotted the have just a hole so there is no adjustment that i know of.i did reset the ecu when i installed tps it idles great now but the ac is my only issue and if i dont figure it out soon i will have to take it to the stealer cause i work in a 34 deg climate and the heat kills me on the way to work with my flannel lined pants lol

4. twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    What about disconnecting the battery and the ECU will reset itself just guessing.

To Top