1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fixed my clutch squeek

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Shifferbrains, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    Shifferbrains

Shifferbrains [OP] Member

Member:
    Manteca, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 2WD Std. Cab 2.7L
    Last week I purchased an '06 2wd 5 speed 2.7L that had a squeek when I depressed the clutch pedal. The noise was coming from the outside at the transmission.

I figured that this would be an easy fix, and was.

First, I unbolted the slave cylinder(leaving the hose connected), and set it aside.

Next, I removed the dust boot from the shift fork.

Then, I pushed the shift fork towards the front of the vehicle and peered inside.

What I saw confirmed my suspicion. The noise was coming from a dry and slightly rusty shift fork pivot.

I borrowed :rolleyes: one of my wife's make-up brushes, and applied a good high temperature grease to the pivot. I made sure to push some into the shift fork cup as well.

After the lube job, I reinstalled everything and tried the clutch. Quiet as a church mouse.

I hope this helps.:)

2. Apr 11, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Yep. I sorta did the same thing, but with lithium grease.

3. Apr 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    papabear050

papabear050 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 dc 4x4 TRD OR Auto
    Pictures?

4. Apr 11, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    My squeak was coming from inside the large rubber boot (the one the pink marking is pointing to). Got a can of White Lithium Grease ($3 at Advance Auto Parts) and sprayed it inside there. I took the boot off and sprayed the hell out of everything. It hasn't squeaked in months.

[​IMG]

5. Apr 11, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Thanks. Mine squeaks. Now I have a procedure to follow.[​IMG]

6. May 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Mine squeeks too! Wiil try this, sounds like it should work.

To Top