1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ Cruiser TRD Anthracite Gun Metal Wheels Rims on eBay for face value.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Madtown Taco, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    BWro

BWro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Congrats on the purchase.

I sent him a email and you are correct, $83 to ship to PA. When i used ebays shipping calc, that was for per wheel

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:34 AM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    I understand your concerns, but I'm telling you from my own personal experience with this ebay seller less than 24 hours ago that I was charged 100 bucks to ship all 5 wheels. Simon's Mom just got a set 5 minutes ago and payed 80 bucks for shipping.

3. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:35 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Seller states that the listed shipping cost will be the MAXIMUM cost, even if actual shipping costs are higher. Seller also states that if shipping costs are less, the difference will be refunded.

Bottom line is max $80-some dollars for shipping. If you're closer to CA you may get a refund on some of the shipping.

"Freight is difficult to accurately estimate due this listing's large, multiple item nature. They will be packaged as two items and eBay's shipping calculator does not always properly figure freight in these situations. I can tell you this: if the actual freight is higher than the amount eBay calculates you will not be asked for more money. Also, if the actual freight is significantly lower than eBay figures (happens most often when delivered closer to the shipper) I will refund the difference. Please email me with you ZIP code for an accurate quote! "

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    Madtown Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    That is correct. UPS is big on that. The farther away you are, or your "zone" is, the more expensive the shipping. So you west coasters can save even more coin.

5. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    Madtown Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    The other thing you can do is have them shipped to your place of work, as delivery to a commercial address will always be a little less than to a residence (your house). It's easier/faster for the UPS delivery guy so they cut you a deal. Not alot mind you, but on something like this you might be able to save about 10 bucks.....which you can then mail to be for all of my awesome money saving advice. (Minus the cut for the Bing Search engine owner...;) )

6. Dec 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM
    DorsoDoug

DorsoDoug Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Greater Pittsburg, PA (Ohio River Valley)
    Vehicle:
    '08 AC SR5, 2.7L, 4 x 4, Black Sand Pearl
    Rear TSB, 1.75" 5100s, 265/70/16 TRD BFGs, Anthracite FJ TRD wheels Toyota Seat Covers, Killer Toyotal All-Weather Mats, Black Window Tint
    Just pulled the trigger on a set for $500. Does anyone have any concerns about the offset difference between these and the trd wheels or the compatibility of the trd wheel tpms? i don't expect clearance issues, but wondered about the offset relative to suspension loading and subsequent tire wear.
    although i am not a huge fan of the blacked out look, i am anticipating that these will enhance the appearance of my bsp ac.

7. Dec 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now

bump
    I am curious too.
    Maybe someone who is running them now can answer these questions. :confused:

8. Dec 6, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I had the shop that installed the rims swap the TPMS sensors from my 16" Off-Road rims to the TRD rims. They did break one of the sensors when they did the swap, but replaced it. It then had to go to a Toyota dealer to have the sensors re-initialized (at no cost to me).

I haven't had any problems with them, but I did install these after the Toytec 3" lift;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Dec 7, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    Simon's Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    Your truck looks great, is this the one you might trade-in or get a buy back?
    If so I hope you get an equally nice setup, that truck is sharp!

10. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:31 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks :) I was pretty happy with the way it turned out too. Unfortunately it looks like stock again, except for the wheels. This is the truck that I'm currently de-modding so that I can turn it back in. I'm keeping all the parts so that it will look like this again when I get a replacement.

11. Dec 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    ctimrun

ctimrun and junk

Member:
    I really like the gun metal FJ TRD wheels and want to buy a set but am wondering how they would look on a stock Magnetic Gray double cab. I have no intentions on lifting or putting larger tires on it as it is my daily driver. Anyone have any photos of one?

12. Dec 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    dktaco

dktaco Yes MAObama is a joke!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    So. Cal (D-town aka Downey)
    Vehicle:
    05' Pre-Runner SR5 6-spd Modded
    5100's set @ 2.5", Wheeler's AAL, Toyota factory trailer hitch w/ a Reese 3.5" drop ball, Gaylord's Tonneau cover, BLHM w/ 35w 6000k HID's, Lumincs yellow fogs, Sylvania 886 bulbs in taillights for reverse lights, Debadged, Dee-Zee nerf bars, Shorty black antenna, 3M rubberized billet grille & surround, Toyo Open Country AT's 31's, K&N intake, 40 series Flowmaster, Redline Racing Synthetic fluid all the way around, Wet Okole set covers, dash mat, Sirius Starmate 5 hardwired, Cobra radar detector hardwired, paint always taken care of the finest products from Autogeek.net and a Porter Cable dual action polisher.
    Sweet deal indeed! I just can't pull the trigger since everyone has them...lol! I am waiting on getting Raceline Renegades in black for $400 for a set once I convince my wife.

13. Dec 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    BWro

BWro Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just received my confirmation email from UPS. Scheduled delivery December 14. Can anyone recommend a cheap place for tpms? Im guessing they wont work from my steel rims?

14. Dec 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Simon's Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    Thanks for keeping us posted that is great news for you! :thumbsup:
    I emailed scott to see where my rims are since I didn't get any shipping info :confused:
    He emailed me back saying something about next week and how he gets his parts isn't the same as before blah blah blah
    I'm not in a hurry since winter is here and these are going to be my summer wheels. Its still a good deal even with the wait.

15. Dec 11, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    +1 on the shippng delay. I got the same email. It seems they're coming in by truck now and the shipping is taking longer to get to them. Hopefully they'll ship monday of next week.

Here's the email I got from Scott:

For whatever reason the factory is truck shipping (TNT) my rims to me instead of the standard method so all of my normal orders were delayed a few days. I went ahead and double ordered everything in a different manor which has expedited them and was told my orders will begin arriving on Friday or Monday. Always hard to figure what the factory does and then when a call is made they don’t even know why they did it. Nonetheless, your order should ship soon and UPS will email your tracking directly

16. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    God dam LA county tax... its almost 10 freaking percen!!!!!

SManZ what size tires are you running on those?

17. Dec 11, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Is the 10% on top of state tax or is the 10% the entire sales tax? Are you close to anyone in NV or something like that to deliver to?

I just swapped the stock 265/70R16 BFGs onto them.

18. Dec 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Its just under 10% total tax, I dont know anyone in NV but no point in doign all that work to save $50.

19. Dec 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    Simon's Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    Got my confirmation email today, my rims are on their way West to East! :bananadance:
    Anybody else get theirs?

20. Dec 14, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    06RedComa

06RedComa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC Sport
    Kings, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, Dakar leafs, TRD exhaust, Grillcraft grille, All-Pro APEX Bumper, Kenwood DNX6960, Avid Sliders, SnugTop Rebel, 285/75/16 Hankook Dynapro atm
    still waiting :tumbleweed:

Products Discussed in

To Top