1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ Cruiser with ICON's smoked me on a fireroad..... Why????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BBBsti LTD, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    This is true...faster is smoother as you don't fall all the way into the next divet, you skip over the top. Myth Busters did a demonstration of this a few years ago...on my phone, but you can look it up.

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    ICON has some pretty cool stuff for the Tacoma. They just released a bunch of new parts like bolt on rear bumpstops

3. Mar 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
    I love my Icons. However, if I were to do it again, I would most likely go with Kings as they aren't as proprietary when it comes to valving, springs, and rebuilding ( based on my understanding).
    When I first got my OME lift, I was blown away by how much better it was than stock. The diffefence was just as great, if not more when I upgraded to Icons. I was on a powerline rd out by Barstow. It was close to sunset and I had no offroad lights at the time. There were solid mile stretches where I was between 60-70 mph and it rode great , except for the surpise ruts.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  4. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    07COMA801

07COMA801 TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    salt lake city
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink DCSB TRD OR
    ARB/OME 3" lift kit- (886 coil/springs-Dakar leaf pack)- 265/75r16 Toyo open Country M/T's - Stock 16" Toyota Wheels painted black - Full Size Spare W/a steele rim- B.A.M.F Slider W/Kickout (Bolt on)- Tint all round including windshield - Tint headlights and taillights - Bed lined grill surround and rear bumper - Color matched Toyota emblem - OEM Mud Flaps cut in half- Ultragauge - Cobra Radar Detector - Cheap Front seat covers/steering wheel cover - Remote Engine Start - Diff Breather Mod - Tailgate lock mod

To Top