1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ Trail Teams Black Rim Center Caps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aces2, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    aces2

aces2 [OP] Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    Does anyone know if I can order these caps separately from the wheels? I know some dealerships are asking for VIN's for ordering the Special Edition wheels (will have a VIN within 24 hrs.) , and that the wheels come with the center caps, but I want just the center caps for my already painted black 17" sport rims...

Anyone ever ordered center caps stand alone??

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    Yes,you can get the TRD center caps,but don't get them from the dealer.You can find them on ebay usually.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    aces2

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    I doubt I'll see the black center caps with "TRD" on them on eBay... have you ever seen them?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    bt08231

bt08231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    yeah i ordered them from the dealership. 18 bucks each, had to modify them slightly to fit on my stock 16inch rims, but they look so awesome with a black rim.

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    aces2

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    We're talking about the same ones then?

6. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L

What did you have to mod?

7. Aug 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM
    bt08231

bt08231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    well if i can ever find the cable to transfer the pictures i took to my computer ill defintly post them and you will see exactly what im talking about. the back side of the center cap has these tabs around it, the trd ones were like 1/2 inch to long so i just sanded them down to the stock length with a belt sander, worked perfectly and was really easy.

8. Aug 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Ordered from a Toyota dealer a few months ago.I put a bead of silicone on the tabs to tighten up the fit a little and have had no problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Aug 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    aces2

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    I can't tell if those are the black ones or the gunmetal ones... just wondering for part number info...

10. Aug 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Deffinitely black,the lighting in that photo makes both the wheel and cap look appear grey.My wheels are powdercoated black and the FJ centers match perfectly.....I believe I paid $18ea as well.Check my profile pics for better shots.

Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top