1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flavorful_Taco Build Thread: SR5 4X4 2017

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by FlavorChef7, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Feb 12, 2020 at 7:29 PM
    FlavorChef7

FlavorChef7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 2/12/20: Lift Install Update

A major update to the truck soon will be coming with a lift and some new tires coming in May. Going with the Bilstien 6112/5160 W/rear reservoir. To complete the rear adding a Deaver Single AAL. Also going ahead with some preventative stuff with SPC Uca's and ECGS CV Bushing mod. Having a shop do it all at once is the only way I want to go and this lift provides more than enough for my needs.To finish it adding some Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/75/16. Perhaps 285/75/16 in the future but not until Im not daily driving it. After the lift the plan is to take it out and then put on some new skid protection over summer. Now the waiting game!:cheers:

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    TacoMilk likes this.
  2. May 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 5/3/20: Meso Custom Interior Light Install

Small things have been done to the truck lately with more free time. I was able to completely ceramic coat the truck using the Chemical guys lineup. Great products for every need. Also jumped on Meso Custom interior lights. Super happy with how they turned out and the brightness is perfect. Going from cheap Amazon Led to Meso was night and day in difference. This week the truck will get lifted and the Arb compressor install finished up. Will update with more pictures this weekend of the lift!

IMG_1495.jpg IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1243.jpg

3. May 13, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 5/13/20: Lift Installed+Future Plans!

The day has come!Although I wanted to do the lift at home taking my time but the current living situation makes that impossible. Regardless the lift came out PERFECT. I don't plan to ever wheel this truck into the ground but I did want it to be serviceable when camping in the mountains. Going with the Bilstein 6112/5160 combo was plenty for me the price of Kings was not justifiable when the truck is still my daily driver. Always having the RTT on I went with the Icon 1.5AAL.The major reason the work was done at a shop was due to the Clamshell bushing needing to be done at the same time as the lift and the UCA's install. Finishing it with the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/75/16 I was pleasantly surprised just how well they fit on the truck! Once again daily driving made the 285's much harder to reach for. Overall the truck is perfect for right now with summer trips planned small mods will be back in line for the foreseeable with one big mod still to come!

Taco.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    P8trit likes this.
  4. May 19, 2020 at 7:33 AM
    Sandman TRD

Sandman TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    Looks good. I am going to run my 6112s on the same setting. Nice to see what it looks like as you see a lot of guys running the higher clips. How much weight you got in the back? Im going to run a 1.5 progressive leaf pack and hope to have a slight, factory-like, rake to it.

Your truck is looking great, nice work!

5. May 20, 2020 at 7:25 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Much appreciated! I would say about 150lbs in back with the tent, bars, and a few random things under the tonneau. Sounds like you've got the right idea! Cant wait to see some pictures of it! Without my tent I think it would be a slight bit of rake in back but not much.

6. May 25, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update 5/25/20: RCI Skid Plate

RCI skid plate was the last big addition to the truck for a while. Was super easy to install and the quality is A1. Very happy with the quality and build of the skid overall compared to stock.

IMG_1640.jpg

7. Jun 20, 2020 at 1:36 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update 6/20/20: Camping+Meso Custom Interior+K&N Filter

Hope all is well in the world for everyone right now! Lucky for me I was able to escape it last weekend and catch some camping time! Drove up to Giant Gap campground about 3 hours away. Truck performed great with the bed and cab fully loaded up. Was really happy with the sleep I was able to get with the tent not moving much at all after the lift at night now. Once back from the trip got a quick oil change and dropped in a washable K&N Air Filter. Had one previously in my 4runner and prefer it to always having to buy and toss them. Nothing noticeable gained or lost, also no whistle noise... for now.. Best part of this last week for the truck itself was getting the @MESO interior chrome delete kit along with the vent kit. Getting migraines ever since I was young chrome is not welcome in this truck!:p Have some Redline hood struts on order so until those are in here is some more pictures from recently.

IMG_1703.jpg IMG_1777.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_1800.jpg IMG_1810.jpg IMG_1809.jpg

MESO likes this.
  8. Jun 27, 2021 at 4:39 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 6/27/21: Told you it was a Slow Build

Been a year since any real update came to the truck. Recently installed a Blue Sea Fuse System. @mattgecko did awesome work installing his bed lights underneath the toneau cover. He also took care of wiring up the ARB Compressor and light bar to some switches inside the cab. Next up planning on CBI gas tank skid and some Rci A-arm skids!

IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg

mattgecko likes this.
  9. Sep 5, 2021 at 2:03 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 9/5/21: Underbody help

Had some free time and was able to install the Rci A-Arm Skids. Also got the CBI gas tank skid in but of course being an SR5 it means no gas tank straps :frusty: so that project was unable to be done for now. Car detailing will be picking up with the cooler weather so more mods to come soon!

IMG_3514.jpg IMG_3515.jpg

P8trit likes this.
  10. Jun 5, 2022 at 10:32 AM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Wrong thread...

P8trit likes this.
  11. Jun 8, 2022 at 6:15 PM
    chuam

chuam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 - 2.5 & UCAs front, Icon 2.0 rear Icon RTX Stage 2 leafs Icon 700lb springs RSI Smartcap Evo Sport KDMax Pro tune BAMF Hybrid front bumper Warn VR EVO 10s winch ARB Rear Locker Revolution 5.29 regear RCI Engine Skid RCI Trans skid RCI Transfer case skid RCI Diff Skid RCI Cat guards RCI Rock sliders RCI roof rack R4T LCA Skids DRT Fabrication Hitch Skid Exhaust reroute ARB Dual Compressor w/ Slee Mount OR Black Fenders Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights Rigid D-SS Pro Ditch lights Rigid SR Amber PRO Edition 30” light bar Rigid SR-Q floods A/C drain mod Differential Breather Mod Supralee Traction Board mount Liftd Gas cap holder Taco Garage DMM 2.0 Total Chaos bed stiffeners TRD SEMA Pro 17" wheels Falken Wildpeaks 275/70r17 TRD Pro Grill Gecko shell lighting Ecological Bumper shells Fumoto valve Toyota aluminum oil filter cap DesertDoesit Seat Jackers Waterport Day Tank - Rago Fab bed mount Yakima Double Haul OVS 270 Awning Wet Okole seat covers Overland Equipped/Blueseas Bracket/fusebox Toyota OEM tailgate lock Rogue Offroad poly body mount bushings ZPrecision cup holders H9 headlight bulb upgrade Lambtek innovations winch switch
    The original post was deleted and the user was banned.

12. Jun 15, 2022 at 5:38 PM
    FlavorChef7

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Livermore,CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    Update Post 6/15/22: Trailer?Yup

Right on time a year later! :rofl:... Anyways, picked up the Smittybilt Scout trailer this past weekend and already love it. CVT tent was already remounted on it with an ARB awning waiting to mount. SSO front bumper was ordered and should be here July anytime. After that additions for the trailer will be mostly in order with a pair of sliders and winch coming to the truck. Will be selling the KBVooDoo bars if anyone is interested locally.

IMG_1138.jpg

To Top