1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jul 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    Thanks for the insights on the beaches.
    Yea camping in the summer time out here
    Isnt a good idea. But in the winter is a different story

2. Jul 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere
    if any of you gentlemen wanna take a drive to the melbourne/ palm bay area im selling a set of four trd sport wheels with the original tires (265s) tht still have a lot of life in them for $150, price is low due to the fact that i spray painted the wheels with bedliner a while back and they've managed to chip and pressure washers like to take the paint off, ill include the other can of bedliner as well.

IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8047.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg

3. Jul 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I wouldn't camp anywhere in the vacinty of Jax beach (I think you're in Jax area?). Way too many drugged out freaks there. Once the sun goes down that area gets rough quick.

I've had luck camping at Vilano beach years ago, but that may have been just luck. Not recommended for a 2WD though, sand can get very soft and the beach can be rather desolate at times. Good fishing.

St. Augustine, Crecent, Vilano, Smyrna and Daytona are the only public drive on beaches in FL I am aware off. Cape San Blas and Mexico Beach allow vehicles, but you must be a county resident with a permit.

4. Jul 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    let's see some pictures of the new wheels, Wes :popcorn:

5. Jul 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    No beach to tuff [​IMG]

6. Jul 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club. Sold out to Ford.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    19 Raptor/21 Bronco. 12 OR sold. 05 xrunner sold.
    Functional
    Lindsay just put a set of Toyo AT IIs on her Element and holy shit these things are quiet. Might be the next thing I put on the Tacoma, I'm still in shock how quiet they are for such an aggressive AT. Great reviews around the web as well for offroad performance.

7. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    2010TRD

2010TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    What a day in Ocala !
    Thanks Jason and Mike for helping me with my "fail" today
    I had a blast out there with you guys, can't wait to go wheelin with you again

8. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    All terrains on a Honda element ..? :confused:

9. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    You stole my screen name ! ..oh wait you have a "period" in yours...I guess it's ok then

10. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    OK, I posted a feeler thread and its going far better than expected. I am between buyers right now and figured I would throw it up to the Florida peeps before I go to the next buyer.

I am looking to sell my Avid Light Bar for $250 shipped, or $225 picked up. If anyone is interested let me know ASAP, if not I will go with the next guy in line.

11. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    :popcorn:

12. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    What a day! Had fun, until I got home and had to do all of the weeks yard work and then detail the truck.

13. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    You barely drive the thing, plus you have all that sound deadening. Get some MTs and look cool like the rest of us :p

14. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I put Toyo AT IIs on my truck about 2500 miles ago & they are quiet, ride pretty good too.

15. Jul 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    xmadcowx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Functional
    It's 4wd and we plan on using it for weekend camping trips and in the snow when we go to NY.

Maybe. I do envy the MT look, but AT is so much more practical for driveway parking. =)

I'm going to keep an eye on them and how they wear, might get some before the Colorado trip next spring, the BFGs I have now are ok, but nothing special. Any complaints on uneven wear or handling in the rain?

16. Jul 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    So far so good no complaints, I can't see much wear on them yet & they're still even with no cupping or chopping. As far as handling in the rain I've had no issues, I drive the causeway from Clearwater to Tampa & back every day & with all this rain we've been having they've been good.

17. Jul 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere
    Ill take some real ones once it's day time! Been working too much...

18. Jul 8, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    xmadcowx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Functional
    Great to hear. She takes the veterans everyday and with the rain the past few weeks it made sense to replace therm now as opposed to later in the year.

19. Jul 8, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    xmadcowx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Functional
  20. Jul 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    1956 Toyopet Masterline,, The first 4 skinner & pick up?? Love the dealer accessories.. Bigger motor, tire's & wheel's. Grill with fogs. Aluminum fenders & doors [​IMG][​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top