1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jul 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    we can drive and camp on the beach up here..dunno if they let you have fires on the beach tho. dunno how id feel about camping on the beach here tho...got some sketchy ppl near by

2. Jul 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    You can drive on smyrna, daytona and ormand . Cars have to be off the beach at night at what ever set time the local beach patrol sets... Camping and fires stopped 30 years ago.

3. Jul 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    you can camp at anastasia state park. its not on the beach but real close. also i think you can camp at canaveral seashores. thats pretty much right on the beach i think. I would be careful of the dam sand fleas..

4. Jul 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves, 33x13.50 Super Swamper LTBs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, Lincoln Locked front diff, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 2' Firestik II, Garmin GPS
    I'm pretty sure there's a campground with beach front access at Fort Desoto park as well. No driving on the beach though that I'm aware of.

5. Jul 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    The jetty park, Coco, has a nice small campgrounds and beach but no driving on the beach or campfires. But this time of year the bugs will carry you off to the den..

6. Jul 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    Thanks for the insights on the beaches.
    Yea camping in the summer time out here
    Isnt a good idea. But in the winter is a different story

7. Jul 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    big butts
    if any of you gentlemen wanna take a drive to the melbourne/ palm bay area im selling a set of four trd sport wheels with the original tires (265s) tht still have a lot of life in them for $150, price is low due to the fact that i spray painted the wheels with bedliner a while back and they've managed to chip and pressure washers like to take the paint off, ill include the other can of bedliner as well.

IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8047.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg

8. Jul 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    I wouldn't camp anywhere in the vacinty of Jax beach (I think you're in Jax area?). Way too many drugged out freaks there. Once the sun goes down that area gets rough quick.

I've had luck camping at Vilano beach years ago, but that may have been just luck. Not recommended for a 2WD though, sand can get very soft and the beach can be rather desolate at times. Good fishing.

St. Augustine, Crecent, Vilano, Smyrna and Daytona are the only public drive on beaches in FL I am aware off. Cape San Blas and Mexico Beach allow vehicles, but you must be a county resident with a permit.

9. Jul 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    let's see some pictures of the new wheels, Wes :popcorn:

10. Jul 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    No beach to tuff [​IMG]

11. Jul 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 off-road. 05 xrunner sold.
    suspension, wheels, audio, lights, racks, dents.
    Lindsay just put a set of Toyo AT IIs on her Element and holy shit these things are quiet. Might be the next thing I put on the Tacoma, I'm still in shock how quiet they are for such an aggressive AT. Great reviews around the web as well for offroad performance.

12. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    2010TRD

2010TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    What a day in Ocala !
    Thanks Jason and Mike for helping me with my "fail" today
    I had a blast out there with you guys, can't wait to go wheelin with you again

13. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    All terrains on a Honda element ..? :confused:

14. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    You stole my screen name ! ..oh wait you have a "period" in yours...I guess it's ok then

15. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    OK, I posted a feeler thread and its going far better than expected. I am between buyers right now and figured I would throw it up to the Florida peeps before I go to the next buyer.

I am looking to sell my Avid Light Bar for $250 shipped, or $225 picked up. If anyone is interested let me know ASAP, if not I will go with the next guy in line.

16. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    :popcorn:

17. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    What a day! Had fun, until I got home and had to do all of the weeks yard work and then detail the truck.

18. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    You barely drive the thing, plus you have all that sound deadening. Get some MTs and look cool like the rest of us :p

19. Jul 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater,FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, vent visors, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, plasti dipped lower valance, Grillcraft grill, 17x9 Fuel Krank wheels, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TRD badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, Bilstein 5100's front set at 1.75 & ext.rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 1.5" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer both sides
    I put Toyo AT IIs on my truck about 2500 miles ago & they are quiet, ride pretty good too.

20. Jul 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 off-road. 05 xrunner sold.
    suspension, wheels, audio, lights, racks, dents.
    It's 4wd and we plan on using it for weekend camping trips and in the snow when we go to NY.

Maybe. I do envy the MT look, but AT is so much more practical for driveway parking. =)

I'm going to keep an eye on them and how they wear, might get some before the Colorado trip next spring, the BFGs I have now are ok, but nothing special. Any complaints on uneven wear or handling in the rain?

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top