1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Sep 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    The End

The End Support our troops!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    HP60/14 bolt, Atlas 5.0.
  2. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
  3. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    This is non caustic sealer right... never use the stuff from home depot cuz it is caustic when it rains there are rust streaks everywhere...:mad::mad::mad:

4. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    i've never had issues with it.

5. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    :wave:,,,,,, :cheers: On the Sun game :cool:!!

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    Then it has to be non caustic:)

7. Sep 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
  8. Sep 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
  9. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Bummer. That stuff Colin recommended is about $30 a pop.

Man, at this point I'm tempted to say screw it and just get a cheezy magnetic base antenna and run the thing out the rear window with the radio sitting on the seat plugged into the power point. I have the radio and the antenna but I'm looking at around $100 to install it doing the work myself. That's just crazy.

10. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Why not get a Wilson 1000? Quite a few guys are running those on the roof with no problems and no fabbed up backing plates.

11. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    yeah, that's the downfall. it's marine grade, so it works better than just about anything else on the market. however, put "marine grade" on the label of anything and up goes the price.

that's a great antenna, he was just trying to utilize the firestik he already has.

12. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    taco no baka, not a fan of the door jamp mount near the tailgate? i know u said u didn't want to run the wires to the back, but $17 mount and you're good to go, plus i think it looks the best there, just my opinion

13. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :eek: I'd be spending even more if I did that. Those things cost $80, which is pretty much what i was going to be spending for a new radio mounting bracket (my old one has somehow walked off over the years), the dome mount, coax, and SWR meter ($78 after shipping). With 1000, I'd still need the bracket and the SWR meter assuming it's a tunable antenna (for $80 it better be).

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

14. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    what radio are you looking at? they're a little more expensive, but the one i got has the swr built in. awesme function. i retune before every road trip or off road meet without having to unplug or hook up anything extra.

15. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, not really a fan of that. It's no doubt convenient, but it's like the worst place you can mount the antenna if you want to maximize your range. You have very little ground plane there and the rest of the truck blocks the signal. The only thing going that route would really spare me is a little time reenforcing the roof to support the antenna...well that and a $30 tube of sealant, lol.

Then again, if someone local has an SWR meter they'd be willing to share, it'd save me about $30 buying one.

16. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
  17. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I already have a Cobra 25 LTD Classic (actually I have two of them) that's been peaked and tuned with a roger beep installed.

18. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    10-4, bases covered lol

19. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
  20. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i have one, i'm located right over the bridge in st pete, if u don't end up getting one, maybe we can meet up sometime and u can tune mine too ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top