1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    LOL.. actually just saw the minions movie with my son. I fell asleep...

2. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    I don't know man that's an awful long drive not sure if I could make it

3. Jul 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    maaaaaaaaaan....looks like im gonna have to wait....again...for my tires...I was hoping for this next paycheck...but Ive got my internet and phone bill along with a puppy class I just signed dakota up for and then the radiator shroud...again....unless I can find a smaller rubber hose to fit on the union to stop the fluid from slowly coming out. the hose clamps seem to not being doing a 100% job on preventing the coolant from coming out.

4. Jul 19, 2015 at 1:25 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
  5. Jul 19, 2015 at 3:41 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    so far!

6. Jul 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    save your money and get a book and train your dog that way. If you are doing the puppy classes at pet smart or anywhere like that you are better off just spending that time working with your dog at home. I have done all 3 of them there and honestly it is a waste imo. If you are getting a private trainer or something then maybe it is better but I can't speak for those type of classes since Dakota (my dog) didn't do private training.

ckeene9 likes this.
  7. Jul 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i agree with simon, i did pet smart for one, and pet co for the other, and both were quite useless, i guess it's good to get them socialized, but can prob get same result just by taking them for walk in neighborhood or going to dog park

8. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:10 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    We did the puppy, beginner, intermediate and advanced course with our chocolate lab and I personally think it would have been better money and time spent training her at home and pocketing all that cash. I mean all you are doing in those classes anyway is learning to train your dog. They are not actually training your dog for you, they are teaching you what to do to train your dog, so it is just the same as watching you tube vids or reading a book and doing it yourself at home. A lot cheaper too lol.

we would socialize our dog by taking her to the dog park here or taking her to the outside mall they have (the TownCenter) and walking her through the crowds to get her used to trying to listen to commands while being distracted.

9. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Heck yeah man 30 minutes is a long drive lol

10. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere
    We need to change the name of this thread to "alfuh's new tire updates"

Alfuh, ckeene9 and slcsez2000 like this.
  11. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    hey now!!!! i need to know the differences between dirty5's and 37's on my prerunner, as well as what models are available and when they will be in stock, and which ones will have more tire options, 16's or 17's?

12. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere
    True and last I heard he is the only guy who has ever attempted it. Good luck to him!

13. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    Alfuh

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    Well he's doing great with just me training him but the big thing I need to get him to stop doing is trying to run towards other people wanting to say hi and licking them. And stop goin happy nuts when other dogs and people come around...that's really the big thing I'm looking to get from the class, I'm just gonna do the puppy class since Dakota (my dog :p) is 4 months old. I'll at least do this class and then work on everything else myself with him.

14. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    Alfuh

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    Hey now, it's some good info you need to know haha. Well...i mean you are just running then street tires lol

mmmmm, i dunno bout that lol. Shit comes up and gets in the way lol. I'd have everything by now...but I got booted from the dorms and had to buy furniture...then I got my puppy...and he's a handful and ive spent so much money on him so far, but he's worth it, even if that means I gotta wait for my parts lol

15. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Ha! And you think a dog is expensive... Wait till you get a boat.

Timbo's Customs likes this.
  16. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    Timbo's Customs

Timbo's Customs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timothy
    Lakeland FL
    Vehicle:
    2019 f250 6”lift 37s deleted 1997 T4r, tons and 4ds
    1997 t4r has super duty axles, 5.13s locked front and rear. 3 link front with 14" kings. Rear 63s.
    Boats are expensive after a few yrs when things start getting wore out. Just cooked up 6 bass and had some left. Damn it was good, long time since ive had some bass

17. Jul 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    Alfuh

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    Oh I know lol, that's why it's not going to happen for several years. Only once everything is paid off will I think about it. I'd like to get one, but things need to be paid off before getting another money pit lol

18. Jul 19, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    Timbo's Customs

Timbo's Customs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timothy
    Lakeland FL
    Vehicle:
    2019 f250 6”lift 37s deleted 1997 T4r, tons and 4ds
    1997 t4r has super duty axles, 5.13s locked front and rear. 3 link front with 14" kings. Rear 63s.
    all about the credit score haha. I added up all my debt and its scary. just say im worth a quarter mill to them

19. Jul 19, 2015 at 6:35 PM
    Alfuh

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    Holy crap, with all mine I have its only $8900, thats 7200 from mu truck and mt 2 crefit cards. But my credit score isn't too great since I had no credit to begin with leaving for the military. So, it's still goin up

20. Jul 19, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco

Products Discussed in

To Top