1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:05 PM
    Trident904

Trident904 Touching Drum Sets

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD OR
    Modded it so much it turned into a 4Runner
    Yeah man. Was active duty 1995-2000.

TacX2 likes this.
  2. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:09 PM
    ETsemaj

ETsemaj @Koditten Pirate Radio member #001

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Cape Canveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tacoma Off Road
    speaker and tweater upgrade DMM phone mount and a large wishlist
    well thank you for the service. been trapped for almost 13 years now myself. counting down the days to retirement and/or getting off hopefully my last ship.

Rattletrap66 and TacoTRD78 like this.
  3. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:19 PM
    Trident904

Trident904 Touching Drum Sets

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD OR
    Modded it so much it turned into a 4Runner
    Get that retirement!

ETsemaj[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jan 23, 2020 at 1:58 AM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    If you guys need a hand. I would be willing to help.

5. Jan 23, 2020 at 2:26 AM
    Grey 2015

Grey 2015 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Loxahatchee Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    Wouldn’t take a dime buddy. My son is a Combat Engineer in the Army Reserves. Can’t ever remember his unit number for the life of me.

ETsemaj[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM
    ETsemaj

ETsemaj @Koditten Pirate Radio member #001

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Cape Canveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tacoma Off Road
    speaker and tweater upgrade DMM phone mount and a large wishlist
    @Trident904 thats what im aiming for. Be nice if i can get OCS next year. Get up to LT, and retire. My retirement will be my current base pay right now. so insane. id just get a job to stay busy and for play money.

@TacoTRD78 thanks man. ill prob chat in here when im ready and see whos schedule lines up when.

@Grey 2015 nice. i almost went National guard scout while still in high school but dad (prior army guy) wouldnt sign for me since i was 17. Asked if i could go coast guard and he said where do i sign!

7. Jan 23, 2020 at 6:53 PM
    TACOCAT Reversed

TACOCAT Reversed Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!!! - Cookie Monster

Member:
    NCentral Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement TRD OR
    Roll'N'Lock SEMA TRD Pro Rims General Grabber AT2 OME BP-51 Suspension Heavy Duty Dakar Leaf SPC UCA's CBI Fab Bolt on Sliders SSO slimline hybrid bumper Smittybuilt X20 Synthetic Winch Factor 55 Prolink 30" Baja Designs S8 Baja Designs SAE Fogs TRD Pro Grille Front and Rear Anytime Camera Expedition Essentials TPAM Meso Puddle lights Meso Ultimate Red LED dome Meso RED map lights Rear differential breather mod AC drain mod Oodles O Dynamat
    If you are going to be in the area in March, may be able to setup a time to connect. I don't live there, up in Gainesville, but my in-laws do. We are frequently down that way and my tools transport. I did my own SSO bumper cuts in my garage over a long day with all the wiring for winch and BD light bar. Have nothing for you on the rear bumper, but want one myself. Citrus WMA had one obstacle that I couldn't make because of my rear end hanging down.
    All hail the cement taco club!

8. Jan 24, 2020 at 11:41 AM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    Hell yea! Go Coast Guard FTMFW!

Trident904 and ETsemaj[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Jan 25, 2020 at 2:12 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    A lot has changed since I was at the WAC last. I think they are even trying to overcome years of inertia to change their name to Pinellis Outdoor Shooting Range or something. I was reviewing the rules and such on their website and they now let you shoot with your mags loaded to capacity on the public lines now. They don't let you shoot off hand or prone on the public lines unless you are a card carrying highpower competition shooter (and you have to shoot a minimum of two matches a year to maintain that status). The hours look better too.

Public Range Hours:
    Mondays Closed
    9:00am – 1:00pm Tuesdays
    9:00am – 1:00pm Wednesdays
    9:00am – 1:00pm Thursdays
    9:00am – 8:00pm Fridays
    9:00am – 5:00pm Saturdays
    9:00am – 5:00pm Sundays

I was thinking of going today to sight in my new AR, but I couldn't find anyone local that wanted to go so I could catch a ride. Both my Yotas are unreliable in my estimation to make a trip that far from home. The Taco would be fairly straight forward to fix. I just need to replace a front CV axle, but since it's the inner stub that is broken, it's a fairly labor intensive job. The T4R had an electronic issue that I've had zero luck figuring out thus far...stupid throttle by wire. :frusty:

Anyway, after the Tampa Police Pistol Range closed, Dade City was my go to place until someone turned me on to the WAC. Since I was getting into shooting BR for Score matches at the time, the WAC's benches were a lot more stable (and they have concrete ones now), so given it was about the same travel time either way, and the BR for Score matches were at the WAC anyway, I opted to make that my preferred location.

As far as my 6.5mm BR performing similar to the .260 Remington and 6.5mm Creedmoor, I was comparing the loading data for each and they all have similar muzzle velocities under 3000 FPS, which surprised me because I figured with more case capacity and a slower burning powder, the muzzle velocities would be a bit over 3000 FPS for the hotter loads, but nope, they pretty much max out right where my 6.5mm BR does. And all this time I was thinking that because my 6.5mm BR likes 107gr SMKs at ~2600 FPS, it probably wouldn't be that great at ranges over 200 yrds.

Factory Remington 700 VSSF .223 Rem 5 rnds @100 yrds... (.270" agg)
    270.jpg

In all honesty, this group was a unicorn. A completely unreproducable fluke. The rifle simply wasn't capable of that sort of precision.

Remington 700 S/A, 2oz Jewel trigger and a 28" heavy IBS profile stainless match grade Shillen barrel. The 4 shot group on the lower left is the one that got screwed up by the hot brass against my neck, so I just ignored the 5th round.

Groups.jpg

And yes, I scanned my load development targets to attach them to my load data log I kept on my computer. I was crazy OCD, but still never used a Chrono. :rofl:

Rattletrap66 and TacoTRD78 like this.
  10. Jan 25, 2020 at 8:15 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Well...I was thinking about the problem with the T4R a few days ago and the first time I experienced it was after I got back from last year's annual meet, just after I hastily installed the CB. It didn't happen again until the last part of the year so I really didn't think it was connected. However, faced with having to take it to Toyota to have them figure it out, I decided to throw a hail Mary and took my center instrument cluster apart to see if the CB was vibrating on any wires or something.

The problem was repeating itself while the dash was apart, but I rerouted some wires (the CB speaker wire was ensnared in the heater actuator) and tucked some others out of the way and put it all back together. Now I'm probably going to jinx myself, but I decided to run some errands to see what happened. Initially it was running fine but the CE light was on like it has been when there's a code that hasn't been checked. After the second stop the CE light wasn't on anymore and she ran fine through the rest of the stops all the way home. I still have no idea what's happening, but whatever I did, it seems to be cleared up for now.

Time to hit the gun range! :infantry:

GuyHuey and Soul Surfer like this.
  11. Jan 25, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    :fingerscrossed:

12. Jan 27, 2020 at 12:05 AM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    oh man, looking through old photos on my third harddrive, I found this haha. Talk about awhile ago lmao, oh how I miss those days

IMG_1503 (1).jpg

13. Jan 27, 2020 at 10:12 AM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Well it's got oil and I checked compression. Seems good so far.
    IMG_20200127_110027_763.jpg

14. Jan 27, 2020 at 10:13 AM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

5 Lug Fury[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jan 27, 2020 at 11:23 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :drool::drool::drool:

Unfortunately, I did jinx the T4R. It's at Toyota right now and they are saying the ECU is fragged. There's $2k+ (plus the $650 I wasted replacing the throttle body) down the drain.

Ironically, as soon as I got home, before they diagnosed it, a salesman called and said it was in such great shape he wanted to offer me "well over market value" for it. I told him I'd let it go when they pried my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel, lol.

LMarshall73 and TacoTRD78 like this.
  16. Jan 27, 2020 at 2:02 PM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    THE FUCK IS THIS

17. Jan 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM
    YotaOverAll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    Look at the cute little tires

18. Jan 27, 2020 at 2:20 PM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    A 1uzfe Toyota v8

YotaOverAll[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jan 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    YotaOverAll

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    I must be out the loop here...what are your plans with the device sir

20. Jan 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    It's going in my 5 lug