1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2020 at 2:40 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Thanks, guys. :hattip:

RedTaco.FL[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Oct 18, 2020 at 2:58 PM
    f86sabjf

f86sabjf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Deltona, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Trd sport
    Sorry for your loss . Just put my shepherd down last year after 15 loyal years and still haven’t recovered. Wife brought home a standard poodle puppy. We will see how it goes .

Taco No Baka likes this.
  3. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:05 PM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    My condolences Lee. Dogs only give you one bad day. There’re truly the Best!
    RIP Princess.

4. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:07 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Thanks. Sorry for yours too. My last one (a Corgi-Rottweiler mix) was with me for 16 years. He passed on new years eve 2008. Princess was only in my life for a little over a year, but it hurts just as much. It's odd, there have been two other dogs in this house, I I didn't bond with either one of them, but Princess and I took to each other like ducks to water.

When my other dog passed, I thought I didn't want another one. But this time, I think I do want to get another dog. Weird.

f86sabjf[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:10 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks so much Jimi. Although, when they are puppies, they give you plenty of bad days. Tsargos is probably the reason i'm half bald. Once they calm down though they are priceless.

6. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    Yup, Dynamite comes in Small packages.
    They love to raise Hell!

Taco No Baka[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Sorry Lee I know how hard it is.

8. Oct 18, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, Kenny.

9. Oct 18, 2020 at 5:06 PM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    Lee that just plain out sucks brotha they are more than just pets true family. My condolences

10. Oct 18, 2020 at 5:06 PM
    Killowatt

Killowatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Sorry to hear this, hardest thing I ever did was putting down my last dog.

11. Oct 18, 2020 at 5:14 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, fellas. The out-pouring of sympathy and commiseration from all of you is very much appreciated and it helps a lot.

ETsemaj and f86sabjf like this.
  12. Oct 18, 2020 at 7:19 PM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    Sorry to hear man.

13. Oct 19, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    Lee, sorry to be reading this. May that sweet pupper rest well brother.

14. Oct 19, 2020 at 10:30 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, Frank. I think you were the only one of the usual suspects that met her in person. She really was a sweetheart.

Rattletrap66[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Oct 19, 2020 at 1:58 PM
    Grey 2015

Grey 2015 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    Loxahatchee Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    Sorry about your loss, our(my wife's) little guy is old and and in not the best of health. He was doing bad and the vet suggested giving him fluids intravenously everyday to help his failing kidneys. So far he's doing very good and I dread the day it stops helping and we need to help him over the rainbow bridge.

Taco No Baka likes this.
  16. Oct 19, 2020 at 2:21 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    It's a terrible decision to have to make, but sometimes you have to let compassion overrule your love.

17. Oct 19, 2020 at 7:38 PM
    GuyHuey

GuyHuey Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    89 4Runner, 2020 MGM TRDOR 4X4
    Ball joint spacers and lift blocks, am I doing it right?
    Sorry to hear about your pup. This last year was the first year in my life that I haven't had a dog.

Not sure if I'm ready for another one yet.

Taco No Baka and TacoTRD78 like this.
  18. Oct 20, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Guy. When Tsargos died back in 2008, that's how I felt for over a decade. Princess didn't actually belong to me. She was my cousin's dog who has been saying with me, but the little one spent every night in my bed, when even though she liked being on the couch during the day, when I would be gone all day to the gun range or Citrus, when I would come home, she'd be laying on my bed. When I played once with the oversized puppy in the house, Princess growled at us, haha. And I loved her just as much. She was just such a cute and well behaved dog and we bonded quick. Oddly, I had the opposite reaction as I had last time...I think I'm ready for another dog. My cousin said she never wanted another dog.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    GuyHuey[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Oct 24, 2020 at 10:45 AM
    allenfab

allenfab I hate everything

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 5-lug on one tons
    Finally got to shoot my ar10 in a .308 flavor. First shot was after a crude bore sight with me looking down the barrel from the aft end and adjusting the scope on the tail light of a car down the street :rofl:. Only took 4 shots to get in the red and get the gas block adjusted. Going to upgrade the scope after this season though.

CF0510EA-2D48-42BC-8615-0E03F72A3685.jpg

20. Oct 24, 2020 at 10:56 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Nikon not to your liking?

Products Discussed in

To Top