1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida Trying To Pass "Open Carry"

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by BowhunterTRD, Mar 20, 2011.

?

"Open Carry" Yes or No ?

1. Yes

133 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Apr 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    marietta. i grew up there and my parents still live there.

2. Apr 24, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    I think its June1 but not sure. Going to try to get in dizzyworld just for the:eek:. I see lots of stuff coming when 1 out of 3 is open packing.

3. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    How are you all fairing with the damage from the storm and what not? I'm from edwardsville, Il. and they didn't catch hardly anything at all.

4. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I wouldn't try to go to Disney. The company is one of the more anti-gun ones out there-JUst because open carry is legal doesn't mean they are going to let you in.
    Despite the rulings about you car being your property vice an employers when you are at work...They do not allow employees to carry weapons (even into parking lot). They have also made multiple arrests for weapons related issues in the park.

5. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Thanks know they are hard core no guns out there. Not going to push it just want to hear what they say.

6. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    "Get down on the ground- Keep your hands where I can see them":D

7. Apr 24, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    I dont think so. I only put on nice clothes to go there. Shoot if you must but im not going down on my own. Im making a clip on for cwp so it can be seen, good tip from LE CAPT. in my dog club.

8. Apr 24, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    Kmacafee

Kmacafee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Most cops and military have it. 99% of civilian gun owners have no idea what it is. A class, a few hours on a range shooting at paper targets wearing muffs is not reality.

I have no problem with CC or OC -- but the training for it should be measured in weeks, not hours.

And SCOTUS in the Heller case only affirmed the 2nd Amendment right to have a gun in your home. It left regulation beyond that to the states. CC and OC is no more a right than driving a car -- it's a privilege.

9. Apr 24, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    I agree......heat and humidity makes it hard to carry.

AMEN.......

10. Apr 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

yeah disney will ask you to leave(they dont allow pocket knives even) and florida has an armed trespass statue too whichis a felony to not leave when asked....but cc good and you can carry into disney or any of the other parks in florida

11. Apr 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    CC good and you can do damn near anything...Doesn't mean it's a good idea or the right way to do things.

12. Apr 24, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    imho disney would be a prime target for any kind of attack on a large group of people...and its all the more reason to carry. as the saying goes concealed is concealed :p

13. Apr 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    So as stated again and again open carry in the sticks is no issue. Why should it be common in our everyday lifes? For that matter why should we have to look at a bunch of armed people wondering around us?

Thoughts:

14. Apr 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    One reason: a visible deterrent is very real. Police don't carry concealed while on duty and there are reasons why...

15. Apr 26, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    Open carry will always make the bad cat think. Thats what it comes down to. I do think putting your CWP where it can be seen also is the smart thing to do. Fla. L.E. ARE ASKING LAWMAKERS FOR THIS!!

16. Apr 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

My thoughts are that Florida is violating the civil rights of any person in the state or visiting the state...the only point of government is to protect those rights. Florida is a republic and as such the individual who wishes to exercise his right to carry openly is supposed to be protected by the state...and if the state is not protecting his rights it is the duty of the people to alter or abolish the state of Florida...you have absolutely no Right to be protected from seeing an openly carried gun..............

17. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
  18. Apr 28, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.

I wear shorts with a good belt to hold up my Glock 19 in an IWB holster at the 4:30 o'clock position with a one size too large T-shirt covering it all. It doesn't look baggy and allows the tails to be easily swept clear when drawing.

My biggest problem is that my height is in my torso and most T-shirts are too short to cover when I bend over. I will still carry concealed but like the fact I won't be cited if it does get uncovered.

19. Apr 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    jd17usmc

jd17usmc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jansen
    Gainesville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4wd doublecab grey 6 speed
    Bilstein 5100 all around to level it out.
    i completely agree, im also a fl cwp carrier, and its a lot harder to dress to conceal in florida, thats why most people i know (family and close friends) that career have to wear a lot of loose thin woven fishing shirts in order to carry, but most people dont want to have to dress like theyre going fishing day to day. and then again most of the time, and my father has this problem and one of the reasons my grandfather stopped carrying all together is in order to dress comfortably in fl and still conceal you end up having to carry in hard to reach place on your being.

its my understanding, and i could be completely wrong because this is just from what ive heard, i have no official sources. but i was under the impression fl was originally looking to just change the law so that printing or having your weapon come into plain sight would not be brandishing your weapon and therefore not illegal, to help with this issue of carrying in fl. and from there its progressed to looking at options to have open carry. like one option would be in order to open carrier the permit holder would have to display the permit next to the weapon.

20. Apr 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    Open carry will soon be the law. Fla top L. E. officers have asked to add on, please display CWP where it can be seen. A L.E. capt. I know says it will save you and police time of checking you out. I will keep CWP out with the 44. Please open carry your CWP and your handgun as police cant be everywhere I say the more good people with guns the better. It will cut down on crime. Jim

Products Discussed in

To Top