1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster 50 Series or TRD Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by rod11, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    rod11

rod11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    09 Pyrite Mica DC Prerunner TRD Sport
    OK guys I know this has been discussed at length in many posts and I've read them all. I just need a little advice for my final decision. I'm down to either having a local muffler shop install a Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow using the stock pipes for $160 or buying the TRD Exhaust system for $385 and installing myself.

I have listened to many sound clips and actually like the sound of the Flowmaster a little better, but still like the sound of the TRD as well. I do like the idea of getting a complete stainless steel system with the TRD. If I go Flowmaster I'll also add a stainless steel tip, so I'm probably looking at another $40 or so for that.

So it comes down to...
    Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow for $200 with stock pipes and new tip or
    TRD Exhaust for $385

What you think?

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM
    kyle32963

kyle32963 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    lenox
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    Head lights-hids rims-american raceing neon-red inside and out side of truck
    flowmaster but if your gonna spen 385 for a trd exhaust u can get the super 40 dule exhaust for about the same and that sounds so good

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
To Top