1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster & CAI?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TRDGoatFarmer, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    TRDGoatFarmer

TRDGoatFarmer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 ( all stock)
    Moto metals, Toyo Open countrys, K and N CAI
    Hey yall,

Im looking at getting a flowmaster super 50 series, and a CAI. Now I just have a few questions.. ( keep in mind I dont want it to be SUPER loud, just loud enough I can hear a nice exhaust tone, lol)

1.) I heard some where, If i get the Flowmaster, and cut the cat off.. i will get more of a gain, and better fuel economy?

2.)If this is so,how much of a power/fuel economy gain will I see and feel?

thank's!!!

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    TRDGoatFarmer

TRDGoatFarmer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4 ( all stock)
    Moto metals, Toyo Open countrys, K and N CAI
    Well then, i read up on the "deck plate" mod.. Can this be done to a 2005 4.0 tacoma?? if so, I'd much rather spend the 20-30 bucks than 100-300 bucks for a CAI. lol.

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    No deckplate mod for 05+. Just get a drop in filter and the flowmaster and call it a day.;)

4. Feb 14, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Cutting your CAT off is most likely illegal and might change the way your truck runs - and it might run poorly. I wouldn't recommend it. You could be biting off more than you can chew by cutting the CAT off.

I have the Flowmaster 50 series CAT back dual exits.

Primarily...I got it for the sound. I didn't buy it for performance. I thought I'd get a slight gas mileage increase - but that hasn't happened (and I'm not disappointed).

I can't speak for the Tacomas...but I had a CAI on a Dodge Ram. It was FRIGIN LOUD in the cab and was rather annoying. I got rid of it.

To Top