1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster muffler question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by kreep, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM

kreep [OP] Active Member

Jun 29, 2009
    08 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust. I like the sound of the flowmaster series.
    I know the pro's and cons as I may lose HP but I do like the sound.
    The question is do I have to go with their full cat back exhaust kit or can I just buy the muffler and get a shop to weld on a Y-pipe in order to get the dual exits in the rear I want?

If so what size of the 50 series would fit on my 08 DC?
  2. Aug 4, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Janster Old & Forgetful

Mar 25, 2007
    First Name:
    Lancaster, PA
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano, iPhone6), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, New Frame & Leaf springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Hood scoop graphics, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    YOu can do it however you want..... You can install just the muffler with your stock piping. You can install a muffler with new custom piping or you can buy the dual exit kit.

I have the dual exit kit....and I had it welded (stitch welded) after I had it exactly where I wanted it.

There are different types of flowmasters. I have the 50 series which is a nice tone and not loud. THe 40 series is louder. The 70 series muffler is the softest (quiet) but I don't believe it comes in a dual exit kit or even muffler.
To Top