1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fluid Film smells so bad

Discussion in 'North East' started by Steevoreeno, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Sep 24, 2018 at 3:24 PM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have heard people who love their product and are so dedicated to its use as you are, Fluid Film will 1.) Coat your casket upon death for free or 2.) For the real FF fanatics, they will make a casket that looks like a metal drum of FF and your tombstone will get a coating annually before the salt hits the roads in winter.

cruxofthebisquit likes this.
  2. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:11 PM
    BngdUpTaco’03

BngdUpTaco’03 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck.D
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    ‘03 Tacoma/SR5/V6/ext. cab/Black
    Superbumps, N.West Off-road coils & Bilstein 51’s in front. Timbren SES & Bilstein 46’s in rear. CURT receiver hitch on front & rear. VanGuard lumber rack.
    I use it every other year, great stuff! Then hit the dusty roads to get some grit on it. Was told it goes on best when warmed up and takes less product to get good coverage. According to him an airless sprayer is the best method, otherwise set compressor to 90 psi.

3. Oct 10, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    lukester78

lukester78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma Single Cab 4x4
    OME suspension package
    Brought my first gen from Colorado to Connecticut, anybody have an idea how many cans I need to coat my frame? Not looking forward to the salt out here. The old xj I drove out to CO was a pile of rust.

4. Oct 10, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/MD
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC TRD-OR 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Depending on how detailed you want to get with coverage, it will probably take 3 for thorough coverage of the exposed sections of frame and then 1-2 more for the boxed sections. I’d also recommend you get an extension hose to spray up into those boxed areas and crossmembers. Overall probably 4-5 cans for good coverage. You can do it with less or more though.

One thing I would NOT suggest is spraying this shit up into your rocker panel holes. It will heat up in warm weather and your cab interior will smell like slaughterhouse. Use some other product for rockers and door panels that doesn’t smell so damn bad. CorrosionX is my go to but there are about a million others, CRC, boeshield, Amsoil HDMP, etc.

lukester78 likes this.
  5. Oct 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM
    BngdUpTaco’03

BngdUpTaco’03 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck.D
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    ‘03 Tacoma/SR5/V6/ext. cab/Black
    Superbumps, N.West Off-road coils & Bilstein 51’s in front. Timbren SES & Bilstein 46’s in rear. CURT receiver hitch on front & rear. VanGuard lumber rack.
    If you buy a gallon and use a compressor w/sprayer you it can be done with 1/2 - 3/4 gal. And you’ll have some left over for the next time. Been the most cost efficient way for me. I use a throw away paint brush to start with to get the nooks n crannies before spraying.

6. Nov 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM
    KVTaco

KVTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I saw a Fluid Film test once and the best was when it was NOT washed during the winter. So apply and let is sit without washing the undercarriage.

DrFunker likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top