1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FLYZEYE Designs wired L.E.D. lighting for all 2005-2012 Tacomas

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by flyzeye designs, Aug 3, 2012.

?

If we develop a V3W, what NEW features do you want?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2012.
  1. Motion-Sensing Utility Light Feature with auto fade back to previous setting?

50.0%
  2. Digital dimming control - NOT sensitive to moisture?

33.3%
  3. OFF position to do 'something' when mounted?

16.7%
  4. None of the above. I have my own ideas and PM'd you.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    :redxfall:

2. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    Installed my v2w today in my 12 and love it!!!! What a difference in illumination, definitely a quality product. Took me about 25 minutes for install taking things slow. Very easy and well worth it.

3. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Great to hear!!! Thanks for posting. :D

4. Nov 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    One of your very first customers on TW, bought one of your battery powered and then upgraded to the wired. I love your product, I forget it is something I added, it fit's so well it feels like part of the truck. I have nothing but nice things to say about your product.

5. Dec 1, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport

Darren, I'm about to order the silver case, hard wired unit. The combination of amber-white-amber is not clear (to me :eek:) on what the 3rd color's purpose is ... is it the color of the 4 'halo' lights??

Am I correct in saying the first 2 colors "Amber-White-Amber" are the colors the user can toggle to and from for illumination of the console only?

6. Dec 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    You are correct. In this case, [Amber][White][Amber]-[Silver], The first two colors do indeed represent the primary and secondary (selectable and dimmable) colors while the third color is for the halo illumination (the non-selectable illumination that surrounds the touch-sensors.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

7. Dec 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    so all this is, is the bar that mounts under the radio? the picture of the cab kept throwing me off with the speedo and everything showing, wasnt sure exactly what you were selling.

8. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    Yes it does, thanks Darren. Earlier I noticed I need a black case unit, not the silver I was thinking.... I don't have my truck's interior memorized yet.:eek:

**edit** Is the black case gloss or flat finish??

9. Dec 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yeap, just a dual-color, dimmable LED light module... ;)

[​IMG]

10. Dec 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    The black cases are a matte finish. Sorry for the delayed reply...

11. Dec 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).
    Darren, you mention that the halos illuminate the TSDC. Where are the TSDC's? When I press on the halos, they just turn the lights on & off, but no dimming.

12. Dec 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    The TSDCs (Touch-Sensitive Dimming Controls) should be dimming the unit. If as you describe, the unit is going from full bright to off by touching these contacts, you need a new unit. It's pretty rare, but sometimes, a component fails. To confirm this failure, (assuming V2W?), dismount the unit and perform the same test - touching the TSDCs. If the result is the same, let us know. We will get another unit out to you pronto.

Bear in mind, the TSDC system is sensitive to moisture meaning, if your fingertips are very moist (such as having just grabbed a cold sweaty drink), the unit will respond very quickly. If this is not the case, it's likely a faulty/failed component.

You are covered. Please PM or call me 480-773-2835 or Dennis 'French' at 757-288-5702 anytime for assistance.

If your problem exists on a V1, (and it's not a moisture related issue), you'll need a replacement unit.

Either way, we will resolve this issue to your satisfaction!

13. Dec 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I bet it's a fingertip issue. Mine have been dry and they weren't changing the dimmer but it wasn't the unit. Too moist or dry and the dimmer will do nothing or go from dim to bright all at once. Lick your fingers or dry them off. It'll work right with normal moisture level.

14. Dec 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Admittedly, this is a weakness of our design :eek: but, short of that, we like it!

We are discussing and considering a digital dimming circuit for a V3 platform to eliminate this potential issue along with other improvements. :rolleyes:

15. Dec 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    reppin flyzeye

[​IMG]

16. Dec 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'm looking forward to the day I see one of these while I'm out driving - on a vehicle other than my own!

Thanks for the support!!! :D

17. Dec 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    Mine does the same thing. I am unable to dim mine from the unit itself; they're either on or off when I use the dimmers.

18. Dec 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Please call me (480-773-2835) or Dennis 'French' (757-721-7821) anytime before 02:00 am EST.

PM me (who you are so we can start building a replacement unit ASAP), please. :(

Regards,
    Darren LaFreniere

19. Dec 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    Just installed my Amber and white V2 up in Canada . Took 10 minutes . Looks and works excellent .
    Thanks Darren

20. Dec 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Glad you finally got it. We apologize for the delay! :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top