1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FLYZEYE Designs wired L.E.D. lighting for all 2005-2012 Tacomas

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by flyzeye designs, Aug 3, 2012.

?

If we develop a V3W, what NEW features do you want?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2012.
  1. Motion-Sensing Utility Light Feature with auto fade back to previous setting?

50.0%
  2. Digital dimming control - NOT sensitive to moisture?

33.3%
  3. OFF position to do 'something' when mounted?

16.7%
  4. None of the above. I have my own ideas and PM'd you.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dec 26, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Wow, this product has come a long way!!
    Looks really nice, your website is really nice as well.

2. Dec 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!

Mine and my son's both do this if the dimmer control on the dash is not all the way up, turn it on full and it works perfect. I prefer my dash lights somewhat dim so it's not a problem for me. These seem to be sensitive to the output from the dimmer.

3. Dec 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    I have to lick my finger to dim/raise the lights. It won't do it with a dry finger, but with a wet finger it does it way too quickly.

I just keep them on high and use the switch to turn them off.

4. Dec 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    We will gladly replace the unit if you would like. Please let us know. It sounds like a failed component. :(

5. Dec 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    I appreciate the offer Darren. I'll most likely keep it.

To give you my honest opinion about the unit, I wouldn't see myself dimming/raising the lights to a setting anywhere in between each time I turn it on..... Just on or off would satisfy my needs.

... I wonder how many actually set the intensity each time it's used.

All in all, it's a damn good quality product. 5 stars!

6. Dec 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Chacey

Chacey Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Berkley, Ma.
    Vehicle:
    2012 4wd TRDsport
    bed extender, WeatherTech mats frnt & rear, In-channel vent visors, Undercover Hard Tonneau, Silver metalic pinstirpe. Fog light mod. LEDGlow tail lightbar 5way. FLYZEYE dash light. Heated mirror mod.
    Hi, Just wanted to let French know I finally got the V2 hooked up. I had a rare problem. My green/white wire in the truck didn't work properly. It had readings on the multimeter of 8.3 to 4.7 when using the dimmer. I had to run a wire from another source. I was able to locate the correct wire on the plug to the switch for the fog lamps. (any lighted switch will work). When testing this green/white wire I was able to get correct readings. French was very helpful in this as he stayed on the phone with me as I checked these sources. Now I have everything hooked up and they work flawlessly. Additionally the lights on my AC controlls now dimms the same as the other dash lights. Excellent service and an excellent product.

THANKS!!!!

7. Dec 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Thanks for the write up. We do appreciate ALL feedback - good and bad. Will aren't perfect but, we are continuously trying to improve our process and designs. :rolleyes:

8. Dec 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    LtDansLeg

LtDansLeg New Member

Member:
    SLO, California
    Vehicle:
    MGM 4x4 TRD Sport
    Haven't had a chance to read through every page. V2W is listed as working with the 2013 Tacoma, but I haven't seen any shots with the 2013 touch screen (not Entune, basic one). Is this still compatible with this setup? Any shots, differences in the install?

9. Dec 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Anyone in the Hampton Roads / Virginia Beach area with a 2013 having the said set-up, please contact us. We gave away a V2W for a 2012 fit test... Perhaps, we'll do the same for a 2013?

10. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    Cobalt719

Cobalt719 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 Banger PreRunner DC
    LED Interior Lights, Tailgate Anit-Theft Mod, OEM Skid Plate, Aftermarket Fogs, Tow Hitch
    Hey my cousin just picked up one with that setup. He lives in VA Beach. I can see if he is interested.

Also I got one for Christmas. Love it. Though it seems to dim itself sometimes. Not sure what the deal is.

11. Dec 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    By all means, let us know.

Regarding your light, it should NOT dim on it's own. Please call Dennis 'French' at 757-288-5702 anytime to explain. We will resolve to the best of our ability.

12. Jan 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Love Sunday mornings sitting in bed. Neighborhood quiet, using laptop, and wandering through TacomaWorld.

Started just checking new posts, then saw a thread about lighting issues in the dash area, which led me to a post mentioning Flyzeye. From there, reading this thread from beginning to end.

Looks like another fine product I have found on this site that really fills a need that both personalizes my truck, plus makes it fit my needs all the better.

I do some after dark activity and am thinking the Amber combo should do well as I need it to both work with car off and not adversely affect my night vision.

Since my truck is new, can't remember what color of case to order, so as soon as I get up, and go outside, will decide and place my order today.

Now that I have seen the product, and read all the customer comments, can't wait for it to get here.

Thanks for the entrepreneurial spirit, making our world a better place.

13. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for looking into us. Just a heads up: we are currently completely SOLD OUT of black cases. We expect replacements mid to late January. Any orders received for a black case will simply go on back-order. I have posted this reminder on the store page of our website. ( www.flyzeye-designs.com/store.html )

14. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    I'd like to report that the 2012 test unit is still performing flawlessly !:cool:

15. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Aaron, that's really good to hear! Although, we did design it to last! ;)

16. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Ok, looked and yes, Black it what the dash is, so will place an order, and wait for them to come in.

Do I just do it at the website?
    Pay now, or when the product comes in?

17. Jan 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I would recommend waiting as we will likely have a sale late this month or early February. Lately, we've been putting the V1s at $40.00 and the V2Ws at $50.00 when they're on sale. So, if you aren't in any rush, you might save as much as $10.00. You are however, welcome to place an order ensuring faster delivery. Up to you. :)

18. Jan 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    I'll go ahead and place an order as i am taking a road trip at the end of the month, and if they come in prior to that, will be perfect. if not, they will be close at hand when I return.

Order placed

19. Jan 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Okay, we'll keep you posted as soon as they come in. :)

20. Jan 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    KBCreepin

KBCreepin Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    KCMO
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-road Taco
    In regards to an earlier post, I've noticed that mine dims on it's own as well. On the rare occasion I can adjust the light to mid intensity, after a couple of minutes it will basically dim itself out completely. Doesn't do it if the light is at full bright, just when it's dimmed, which as I stated is hard to get the light to do in the first place.

Products Discussed in

To Top