1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FML

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ClimberFreak, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    try not to get too defensive. when tw finds you in the wrong. just take the internet beating. trying to stick up for yourself will only end in you losing haha

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    lolwat

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    [/U][/U]

Harmless fun. Sucks you got a ticket for it!

4. Feb 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    I thought they had to lock it in by law to prove you were doing the speed they told you ?

5. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    One of my family members(I was with them) got a ticket for rolling past a stop sign like by a foot at like 3 am in the morning. this was in industrial area too.

250$ fine later..

6. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    WTtoolman

WTtoolman Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab 4x4 TRD SWB
    5100s at 0, eibachs, 2" toytec AAL,, Moto Metal 951b, BFG A/T
    I have a friend in the Marines that got a DUI and, needless to say, they were not too pleased with him. What is the Air Forces' stance on reckless driving?

7. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    good choice, I would do the same. You've got a good chance seeing as you asked for the speed and he admitted he didn't have it.

8. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Sucks man. . .

Thats a boat load of money to pay for nothing. Insurance premium is going to drill you a new one. . .

Trust me, I've done my stupid shit before. I was pulled for for Speeding while drunk as can be.

I knew I wasn't speeding because I was drunk and had the cruise control @ 68mph in the middle lane @ 2am.

Cop pulled me over because my s2000 was too sexy. It basically was profiled and it was the end of the month.

I got a speeding ticket when I should've gotten a D.U.I.

Life gave me that break and I've learned from it.

What was a $188 ticket and like $35 for Traffic school, could've been far worse.

Live and Learn. Thats all you can do at this point.

9. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    Bottom line, if you do stupid shit, you will end up paying in the end. Don't come here looking for sympathy, because you won't get it.

10. Feb 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    yea!

11. Feb 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    ClimberFreak

ClimberFreak [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    AEM Brute, AirRaid throttle body spacer
    Im going to try my luck and get it reduced. My record is clean so hopefully that will work in my favor.

Even if i need to get a lawyer id rather do that then pay the extra 3000 over the next 3 years.

Im not upset about the ticket. I just told myself the first time i get caught doing some stupid crap I will get rid of the bike (since insurance will be ridiculous). So thats the only sucky part.

12. Feb 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    I quit riding sport bikes when i lost my license for 3 months for the same thing. Insurance premiums were crazy for a while.

13. Feb 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    MyYota05

MyYota05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Prerunner w/ TRD Offroad Pkg.
    3'' Lift Kit, Bed Rug Liner, Black Rims

To be honest yes we are some poor white folk down here. :D

14. Feb 25, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    :laugh: Hahah nice.

15. Feb 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    snoozeworm

snoozeworm taco king

Member:
    wheeling,wv
    Vehicle:
    2004 regular cab 4x4 5 speed
    Extra leaf springs in rear Pioneer head unit fj cruiser wheels 1in coil spacers siren

I wish that when people got a dui that the government would chop off thier feet so they cant drive drunk anymore. I only say that because i dont feel its ethical to take another humans life...or i would say you should die.

16. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Lets start a sticky for memebers who did a traffic violation , admit and talk about it, and dont seem to understand they actually enforce laws, assign a fine and court date , and let your insurance know.
    A few months back it was a guy who "was going with the flow" but in between 2 18 wheelers
    If you want to break a law, at least look at what the fine is first ...eh? Then add up the consequences too. $525 sounds cheap compared to what it will do to your insurance.

17. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I guess I'm a real badass..Got a seatbelt ticket almost 2 years ago, and it was a like $70 fine..haha

18. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    X2

I don't mind if people go "fast" within a reasonable limit but if they drive recklessly or intoxicated don't expect a drop of sympathy from me.

19. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LOL...I'm not sure what the OP expected...but it doesn't matter if you are all alone or int he middle of a school zone that is letting out. You are putting others at risk and potentially causing more work for the gov't to do for no reason.

You shoulda KNOWN it was wrong...before the cop had to tell you. And you shoulda KNOWN better than to come here to bitch about it.

20. Feb 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    ClimberFreak

ClimberFreak [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    AEM Brute, AirRaid throttle body spacer
    i knew it was wrong and i am not here to bitch about it ... you guys think that was really my first wheely ever?? just finally got caught!

just sound like a bunch of grumpy old men that shake their fist at every sportbike that zooms by.

Products Discussed in

To Top