1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog in my BHLM.....Solution?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BuckeyeBullet330, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    BuckeyeBullet330

BuckeyeBullet330 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    Blacked Out Badges, Color Matched Grille & Rear Bumper, BHLM, Windows Tinted, WeatherTech Mats,
    So I put some blacked out headlights on my truck a week ago and washed the truck today and they fog up. Yes I did give them a bead of silicone just to be safe but I'm guessing I didn't get it sealed up good enough. If anyone can give me any advice or let me in on your experiences. Thanks

2. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Turn on de-fogger.

3. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    BuckeyeBullet330

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    Blacked Out Badges, Color Matched Grille & Rear Bumper, BHLM, Windows Tinted, WeatherTech Mats,
    Haha....I wish there was one I could turn on so I didn't have this problem

4. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    In seriousness, the only fix is to re-crack 'em, let them good and well cure to make sure all the moisture is out, then re-seal.

5. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    BuckeyeBullet330

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    I actually didn't do the mod i bought them so I really didn't want to take them apart and redo them.....well i know the stock ones won't fog up but I just had to have the blacked out ones:p

6. Jun 19, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Doing the mod yourself is the right way. Ensures it gets done correctly. Mine have been BHLM'd for a little over a year and I haven't had a single problem.

7. Jun 19, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    Chainsmoker

Chainsmoker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Phila.PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 double cab Short Bed
    3inch ProComp Lift. 285/70/17 on ATX Crawl wheels. tinted windows. blacked out tail lights. 8k hid fogs. projector headlights with dual halo rings and 8k hid. remote start. blacked out grille.
    Just wait..... I ordered some headlight brand new from Egay and the fogged up almost every time I had my headlights on. After about a Month or so it completely stopped fogging. They would also fog up after a wash. I have had them on my truck now for almost ^ months or so and zero fogging.

8. Jun 19, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    Chainsmoker

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Phila.PA
    Vehicle:
    3inch ProComp Lift. 285/70/17 on ATX Crawl wheels. tinted windows. blacked out tail lights. 8k hid fogs. projector headlights with dual halo rings and 8k hid. remote start. blacked out grille.
  9. Jun 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    BuckeyeBullet330

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    Yea the only reason I got these was because I didn't have faith in myself doing the mod to my stock lights. Is there anything that can be done to them beside taking them apart and redoing the seal and adding a bead of silicone? I mean they've only been on a week and I was even thinking about calling the place where I got them from and seeing what bs they had to say. Does the moisture come get in the housing in a certain place or how does it get in there? As you can tell I'm not real up on headlight knowledge

10. Jun 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    Chainsmoker

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Phila.PA
    Vehicle:
    Give it time. When i called the manufacturer of my headlights they told me the fogging will stop after about two weeks or so depending on what climate you live in. Mine took about 4 weeks.

11. Jun 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    0BlackTaco6

0BlackTaco6 Ive got tiger blood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    i had the same problem. i got a used set from a member on here for some cheap money knowing they were just a hold out for doing the mod myself at some point. One of them fogged after a wash and i just let it be for a few days till the light completely cleared up. I took the light out and just threw another bead around to make sure it was sealed real good. Ya gotta make sure it gets along that seam good all around. Let it set up in the sun, put it back in and good to go. No fogging since. Sometimes ive heard though that moisture gets into other spots on the light like around the rubber where the lights are and such. If you know you sealed it well around the seam and it still continues to do it after time that might be the issue.

12. Jun 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    BuckeyeBullet330

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    Alrite Ill give them sometime and go from there Ill do anything to not have to take them apart and re-seal them. Thanks guys for the helpful tips

13. Jun 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    0BlackTaco6

0BlackTaco6 Ive got tiger blood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    i never took mine apart. I just took the headlight assembly out and sealed around the seam again real good.

14. Jun 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    BuckeyeBullet330

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM Tacoma SR5
    Yea if they don't quit fogging up after a few weeks I'm just going to reseal them with silicone....does anyone have pictures of there lights after they sealed them up? not that its going to help my problem I just kinda wanted to get a look at what others lights looked like

Products Discussed in

To Top