1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Light Anytime Mod Success

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wartowntaco, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    wartowntaco

wartowntaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Warner Robins, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Hey, this is my first post, been lurking for two months reading and researching...using the search function:)
    I am a proud owner of a new 2010 Toyota 4x4 DC TRD Sport Short Bed 4.0 6-Speed. Previous owner of 3 Ford Diesels. Loved them but time for something new. I just did the anytime fog light mod with success. I thought something had messed up till I kept reading. Everything worked as stated but the DTRL. Then I realized that I had started the truck by pushing the Clutch Cancel switch. After I released the parking brake everything worked as it should. Thanks to everyone who posts on here. I am fixing to order a 3" Toytec OME coil lift. Can't wait for that. Thanks again....

Here is a link to the one I did. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods.html#post45430

2. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    TacoDanny

TacoDanny Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Offroad
    King CO w/ res, Camburg UCAs, King Rears w/ res, Ironman Rear Leafs, CBI Rear Bumper w/ Swingout, KR Fab sliders, Ultragauge, Satoshi grill, Weathertech floor mats, DeMello 3 Hoop Front Bumper, AFE CAI Intake, Retrofitsource FX-R Projectors
    Welcome! I still need to do that mod, just lazy.

3. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    welcome from knoxville! :wave: and nice first post!! i’m wanting to do it and make my fogs yellow.

4. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Hold My Beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    De badged tailgate,LED dome light,removed mud flaps,tail gate anti-theft mod,Maglite seat mount,rear diff breather,blacked out Tacoma emblems, blacked out Toyota emblem,foglight anytime,plastidiped stock rims,BHLM, behind grill light bar w/2 Hella 500FF lights, shortened 18" stock antenna, weathertec floor liners, Hi-lift, 3'' Toytec Ultimate with AAL, AVS Rainguards, Wet Okole seat covers, lowprofile tool box, pro comp 7089 w/33'' KM2s, flowmaster 40 series muffler, hidden CB mod w/firestick antenna.
    Welcome from SC Im originally from Macon so its good to hear about more Taco's in wartown. I too need to do that mod but for some reason cant motivate my self enough.:oldglory:

5. Jul 26, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    wartowntaco

wartowntaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Warner Robins, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    It took all of 5 minutes and is reversible. I too want the yellow fog lights. Tried lamin-x and didn't have enough patience and didn't like the outcome. Been searching around town for krylon amber glass stain but haven't found any. Easy quick mod for the fog lights. Researching 5100 front lift now. Fixing to place the order. :D

To Top