1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog light mod question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by beach_yota03, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    beach_yota03

beach_yota03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jonny
    wilmington, north carolina
    Vehicle:
    03 taco sr5
    i am doing this mod and was wondering if there are different size sockets for the bulb because the one i have are smaller than the bulb itself so i have to drill the hole bigger to fit the bulb then try and get the socket to fit and stay tight in the hole i have drilled for the bulb to fit. any help or suggestions

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    fshams

fshams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma V6 4x4 (TRD)
  3. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior TW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monument, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 5-Spd SR5 TRD 4x4
    TRD Supercharger; URD 7th Injector; Injen CAI w/Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Magnaflow Cat-back; Light Racing UCAs, Wheelers 5-Leafs; OME 881s; Bilstein 5100s; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on 4Runner Ltd 5-Spokes; MetalMiller TRD Skid; B.A.M.F BPV Bracket; Grey Wire, Fog Light, Power Outlet, Door Chime & DRL Mods; FUBAR Moto Bits LED Headlights; Interior, Under-hood, & Reverse LEDs; Kenwood KDC-X895 HU & KFC-C6893PS Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PT Sub & Dynamat; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; External Thermometer; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Rhino Bed Liner; Toyota Bed Extender; SnugTop Super Sport; SolarGard Tint; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Alarm w/Keyless Entry; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    Not sure if you've seen it or not, OP, but I found Beau02's writeup very helpful and easy to follow.

Links are broken, fshams, but I suspect you meant to link to these:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...gnals-running-lights-switchback-leds-how.html
    and
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/150483-how-install-switchback-leds.html

4. Feb 10, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    fshams

fshams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma V6 4x4 (TRD)
    Yes.. It's the same one I use... Much much easier than having to drill holes and retrofit different bulb size. I recommend this process.

I connected the extra power lead (new green wire in the pictures) to the positive lead on my side markers, so the only time the fog lights come on is when I turn the side marker lights on. One thing almost everyone noticed after this install was some voltage spike when you applied the brakes. The driver's side fog light would temporarily flash off and back on. In order to remedy this you would need to invest in LED brake light bulbs as well. This corrects the issue.

This is the brake light part number you would need and you can order it from www.superbrightleds.com

1157-R45-T: 45HP-LED BAY15D Tower Bulb, Color: RED | $ 24.95 each|

To Top