1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by diezel485, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    diezel485

diezel485 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    front level, rear AAL from Toytec, Westin 4" chrome bull bar, 10% tint all the way around, 6" KC foglights behind the grill, billet grill
    does anyone know where to buy the factory wiring harness for the fog light switch? i have a factory switch with 4-pins but the plug on the harness is 6-pins. i'm not sure if i need an adapter or just remove the pins from the harness and plug directly into the switch.

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    front level, rear AAL from Toytec, Westin 4" chrome bull bar, 10% tint all the way around, 6" KC foglights behind the grill, billet grill
    hello again sir!

i got a factory switch directly from toyota. there are 2 "blanks" on my truck which behind each one there is a plug. one is green and the other is black. this wouldn't be a problem except the guy at toyota tells me that there isn't another switch but the plugs are 6-pin and i need a 4-pin plug.

3. Mar 30, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    yea sorry about that. i'm at work trying to make sure my boss doesn't see me! that's the same exact set up i have. i'm trying to wire into the green plug.

4. Mar 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    damn man. i'm an idiot!

so now how do i wire those damn lights? do i need a wiring harness or something? shit, never thought about that!!

5. Mar 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    ok so i'm assuming that the solid green wire is the power and the green & white is the ground. am i right?

sorry about this, i'm just starting getting into the wiring of everything. the only thing i know how to do is radio and speakers. lol

6. Mar 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    i gotcha. i'm looking at the diagram you sent to me a week or so ago that shows the 4-pin factory switch. sorry if i'm bugging you man but i just don't want my truck to explode! ya know?

pin 1 = i will plug the solid green wire into
    pin 2 = i will plug the green & white wire into
    pin 3 = power from the fog relay
    pin 4 = ground for the switch.

this is my problem. i have three wire plugged into the kc light switch: the ground wire (for the illumination), the power wrie (which plugs into pin 3), and another wire (which i think comes from the relay on the lights)

7. Mar 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    i just want the siwtch to light up when my lights are on (head lights i mean) and the fog lights to work when i push the switch. nothing fancy ya nkow since these are sim lights and are only off road use.

8. Mar 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    diezel485

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TSS
    it kind of was! lol

like i said, i'm new to the whole wiring unless i have color a to color a. (dummy terms) ;)

but this definately makes a lot of sense to me now. thanks man.

Products Discussed in

To Top