1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights and winches for Elite front bumpers

Discussion in 'Elite Off-Road' started by munkel, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jun 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    munkel

munkel [OP] fka unregistered lurker...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Dbl Cab V6 4WD Tacoma
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    What is everyone running for fogs and winches? What fits well and what doesn't? What about lights on top of your bumper, what fits well?

2. Jun 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    PIAA 510s are the most popular for fog lights.

Hella 500/700 lights fit really well as do most lights on top. Light force lights are kinda iffy just do to the fact that they stick out so far forward that they are actually in front of the bumper. so if you hit something, its gonna hit the lights. I have two LF240s and have that issue and they are almost to big for the hoop :p lol but really im not worried as they are tough tough lights.

As for winches..im not 100% sure as i don't have one. Know a few ppl with super winches and warns. I think the biggest thing when buying one is you HAVE to get one that the solenoid is detachable. Otherwise it won't fit. Someone else will have to confirm all that tho.

3. Jun 7, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    munkel

munkel [OP] fka unregistered lurker...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Dbl Cab V6 4WD Tacoma
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    Blackdawg, thanks, what lights r u running for your fogs? They look blueish, how do you like them?

4. Jun 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    They are the Ion 510 PIAAs. I like them a lot actually. Oddly enough they put out a yellow light. They flood great and wide and fill the gap between my head lights(which suck, they are brighter then my head lights low beamn) high beam and my LF240s. The combo of all three is amazing.

I have a friend that is running the other type of 510s in his Elite bumper, and they are a white light. Also work great

Products Discussed in

To Top