1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Light's Dead?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by zrwhat, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Nov 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    zrwhat

zrwhat [OP] Member

Member:
    Leesburg,IN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Double
    I've had my Slimcubby HID Headlights and Fog's installed for about a year and a half. About 6 months or so ago I noticed one of my fog's were out, not knowing if it was a bad bulb I just decided I would leave them off until I got around to looking at it. 6 months later, I decided to crawl under the truck last night and pull the bulb and check the wiring. Before crawling under I flipped on the fogs because I didn't remember which bulb it was that was out. The Fog switch didn't light up and neither did either bulb. So I pulled out the manual to see which fuse the fogs were (WTF no listing of fuses in the owners manual, that's a first for me). At least they were decently marked. I assume the #2 15A fuse under the hood is the only fuse for the fogs, and it was perfect (Swapped it out with the new replacement just because). Is there a possibility that I took out the factory relay, or is there a problem somewhere in my wiring? Thanks for the help!

2. Nov 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    zrwhat

zrwhat [OP] Member

Member:
    Leesburg,IN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Double
    Must be the only person that has had issues with their foglights & HID?

3. Dec 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    franzcars

franzcars I'm different, in a different way

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ST.louis MO
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Taco I4
    Plasti-dipped rims, blacked out Taco logos, small interior mods, AFE prodry drop-in, DJM 3/4 drop, Viper alarm, Power locks, Fogs, Viper 305 alarm, Kenwood HU
    Check the ballests. When i had HID's in my fogs both ballests went out so i converted back to normal lights. Do you have any of the stock bulbs left to plug into it to see if that was the cause?

4. Dec 3, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    zrwhat

zrwhat [OP] Member

Member:
    Leesburg,IN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Double
    Main headlight came back on after I cycled the headlights a few times. I am going to order another set of HID bulbs for the fogs to rule that out.

5. Dec 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    franzcars

franzcars I'm different, in a different way

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ST.louis MO
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Taco I4
    Plasti-dipped rims, blacked out Taco logos, small interior mods, AFE prodry drop-in, DJM 3/4 drop, Viper alarm, Power locks, Fogs, Viper 305 alarm, Kenwood HU
    To rule out the bulbs just hook them up to the main headlight ballests. I'm pretty sure it's the ballests since it happened to me

To Top