1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights for 2015 Tacoma drama

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TB Tacoma, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Feb 12, 2019 at 6:30 AM
    TB Tacoma

TB Tacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    trying to add fog lights to my 2015 Tacoma has been a saga. I’ve stated before, Toyota dealership parts dept is less than helpful, because my Tacoma didn’t come with fog lights. I followed a lot of recommendations, ordered some Spec-D lights, had them professionally installed. Of course, they didn’t fit exactly as manufacturer said, as far as screw holes lining up. After a couple of weeks, passenger side fog light started fogging up, and this morning— after a night of rain, there is a quarter inch of water in it.
    I’m guessing that water isn’t going to drain itself— is this common, or something that needs to be addressed immediately?
    I can’t believe the only ideal solution would be to order the extremely overpriced Toyota parts.

2. Feb 12, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    rmorse

rmorse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Bowie, MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Metallic Access Cab TRD Sport
    I replaced my 2015 fogs with morimoto xB or something like that. They’re aftermarket super bright LED fogs and are awesome, bolted right on.

Minny Taco likes this.
  3. Feb 12, 2019 at 8:26 AM
    Too Stroked

Too Stroked Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South shore of Lake Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
  4. Feb 12, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR MGM
    Go Hawks!
    Spec-D are known to be poor quality and leaking or condensation is not uncommon.

Check out the 2nd gen and 3rd gen marketplace section for OEM take offs. People sell them all the time for cheap. 3rd gen fogs will fit 2012+ 2nd gens. Or check out the other options in the link @Too Stroked provided.

Note there are 2 different fogs on the 3rd gens; high power wide angle TRD fogs, and basic fogs. I’d highly recommend the TRD version which takes an H11 bulb. The other fogs take H10s. The 2012-2015 fogs are all the better TRD version regardless of the model.

Products Discussed in

To Top