1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Folding headrests?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nigeltufnel, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    nigeltufnel

nigeltufnel [OP] New Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off Road
    Does anyone know if there are folding headrests that will fit in the back seat of a double cab? I just upgraded my 94 pu to an 05 tacoma, and the headrests in the rear seat make HUGE blindspots, so I'd like to replace them with either folding headrests or smaller ones (like the one in the middle of the back seat).

It's worth noting that I adjust my side mirrors differently than most. If you adjust them further out there is no blind spot and you never need to head check. If a car is far behind you, you can see it fully in your rearview. If it's a car length or so behind you, you can see it simultaneously in your rearview and your side mirror. And when its right along side you, you can see it in your side view and also out the front two windows without turning your head. I've always thought it odd that so few people do this. It's very convenient and safe. Anyway, I digress. I'm looking for rear seat headrests that block less of the rear view. It's also harder to see the corners of the bed when backing into tight spots. Any ideas?

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    i took mine off

Products Discussed in

To Top