1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

follow dnr laws......seriously!!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tacomaman06, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Oct 25, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    me and canuckinsc got fined today while hunting. we went and set up at the land i was bowhunting, but i hadnt hunted there in a while. baiting here isnt legal, but i had my corn feeder out anyway. you can bait up until 2 weeks before season opens, but you gotta have every piece of corn,etc. outta there. still not exactly sure how the game wardens found out about the feeder and whatnot, but they got us today. i was totally not thinking about the feeder while we were there. $160 fine....coulda been alot worse. just follow dnr rules and regs. and you'll be good to go......and this im speaking from experience!!

2. Oct 25, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    wow. that sucks.

3. Oct 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    That sucks Will, sorry to hear that.
    But hey a lesson learned for next year.

4. Oct 25, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mighty wise of you to help others with a lesson learned.:thumbsup:I respect you for that!
    One thing to add to this man, I know in our state the law on the books that says to take an animal by fair chase means a lot of things we don't consider. e.g. by walkie-talkie or phone it is not fair to warn a fellow hunter that a deer is approaching. e.g. it is not fair to spot game from a vehicle and get out and go 'hunt' that animal. There are others but these are good things to know.:cool:

5. Oct 25, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I thought you were referring to Do Not Resuscitate laws.

6. Oct 26, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i agree that there a certain ways that you should/shouldnt hunt, and obviously, since i had a feeder i cant really say what should or shouldnt be done in a specific way...................but my game zone here in south carolina is the only zone in south carolina that doesnt allow the use of "baiting":corn or anything else for that matter. they need to go ahead and change laws here so feeders and all are legal. they always complain about the deer population being so high, and to me, if you are allowed to put feed out, you'll take more deer and inevitably help cull the population. but thats just my take on it. the dnr officers were really nice guys, and i commend them for doing their jobs and not being assholes about it. what i learned yesterday will definitely serve me well as far as what i do when im hunting, and where i go to for that matter.

7. Oct 26, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Man, that stinks, but I believe you got off pretty good. Here it is a big time issue if you get caught. I know at times we forget about things and I think the DNR see's that, plus being nice always helps.
    We had a guy set up a blind on the property, they came out (DNR) pulled the blind and left a note if the guy wanted it back to call this guys cell, BIG mistake if he does.
    They are also checking land to the south of us, guy baiting deer. There was alot of talk in regards to trail camera's that send you an e-mail with pic's if anything is recorded.
    We also asked him to tell us exactly whats the TRUE hours of turkey hunting, (sunrise to sunset). better to ask and be safe, than not and get BUSTED.
    Ten to one someone called about you all, pisser I know. Sooner of later they themselves are gonna get it.
    Hoosiertaco.....see any DNR issues up you way???

8. Oct 26, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah.........i got a good feeling i know who called. there are some people that moved in to the bottom/back side of the property, and they had kids and an adult riding 4wheelers back there, and they saw me hunting.but...i had no trespassing signs up, so i figure when i left the property a couple of times, they went back thru there to see what i had. and i fully agree........we got off very easy, as it could have been alot worse(jail,loss of license,bow,truck.......if they had wanted to be drunk with power....but they were nice about it). i still think though that they should change the baiting law since all the rest of the state has it. honestly, almost everyone i know baits..........but they dont get caught.

i also learned that you can use salt blocks on the property, which i'll continue to do, and next year, instead of a feeder......i'll be growing some food plots and stuff....just no feeders.

9. Oct 26, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I know here, items to be "added" to the books is large. It is better to give them ALOT and see a little, than to give them a little and see nothing.
    There is alot of talk in regards to changes rules for next year, bowhunting, youth hunts, dates of hunts etc.
    I know the population issue also, same here, we can take 8 does in the county I hunt. Some people just don't understand I guess, until they get nailed by a deer hitting their car or truck when they are doing 65.
    New meaning to the words "deer burger"

10. Oct 26, 2008 at 6:58 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    exactly......and around here, especially interstate 77 and interstate 485, not to mention some of our main thoroughfares......there are lots of dead deer laying on the side of the road.

dnr laws are kinda sketchy at some points, but they absolutely need to be followed. even though i may not agree with the "feeding" issue, i'll surely follow that rule now unless they change it.

11. Oct 26, 2008 at 10:29 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    I, Too shall follow the rules. what a way to spend the last little bit of legal shooting light eh will?:D:D

12. Oct 26, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah......standing there hoping we werent gonna be put into some cuffs!!!:eek:

13. Oct 26, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Every year several get busted shooting at deer from the road. Especially in the big buck county of Brown County. The DNR has done a wonderful job with 'fake' deer set up to entice shooters from the road. It is illegal to bait for deer with anything here in Indiana, but it is legal for the CO's to bait for poachers. Before this stirs anger in anyone, remember the warning that Will gave in the title of this thread.........

Will, I believe this would upset me a little with my lawmakers. I would ask them for better consistancy with the law. If the same property can have salt to lure in a deer but not corn, seems inconsistent. They both can be ingested, and are not grown naturally in this particular spot where you are hunting. I don't know how your laws read though.

14. Oct 26, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah man, like i had said, the laws are kinda sketchy. the warden said that the salt blocks were ok since their is salt in the ground, but the corn didnt grow in the feeder.:rolleyes: anyway, im just gonna follow the way i think the rules go and hope for the best.

15. Oct 26, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Sounds like he could be blowing smoke there, but the laws do always seem to give the CO a chance to use their own descrepency. But asking them about a situation like what you did about the salt block is always the best thing to do. May even want to call the DNR or another CO for a second view on the law if your not sure about the salt block.

16. Oct 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    oh yeah, im gonna call definitely. i went today and moved all my stands out of there(except my ladder stand...gonna get it later) and i moved the feeder out. he told me the feeder wasnt illegal, and that i could feed the deer all i wanted, but that when the season starts, every bit of corn and whatever else has to be completely gone from the site. the good thing about my mom's property that i hunt, it stays pretty damp there as opposed to where i bowhunt all the time, and there are creeks and pond there at my mom's. im gonna put out some salt blocks there, and near the creek, they'll dislove pretty quick. but yeah, i'll definitely be calling and asking some questions to try and get some straight answers about things.

17. Oct 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    That sucks!!!! just be glad you don't have rodney bimber for your game warder!!!!! if you don't know him consider yourself lucky!!!!! cas all of pa does! and it's not for good reasons!!!

18. Oct 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah....glad i dont know him!! some of the wardens here are asses....but we have some cool ones too.

19. Oct 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    we have zero cool ones!!!! I have got like fines from them!!

20. Oct 27, 2008 at 7:32 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    this is my first ever hunting fine, and i had one before boating.....damn life jacket ticket. im gonna watch it, but im also gonna make some calls and find the ins/outs of the rules and regs here.

Products Discussed in

To Top