1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foodies BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by ryanjboutin, Apr 15, 2011.

1. May 12, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Pete you should have let me know you were making breakfast. I have a super simple recipe for an egg casserole with tater tots..... and I mean super easy and really good

2. May 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Xaks

Xaks Cranky & often armed sysadmin

Member:
    First Name:
    Xaks
    Oklahoma City area
    Vehicle:
    work beast '06 reg cab 4 cyl 5 spd
    If you wouldn't mind a quick 1 2 3 on how you made those ribs, it'd be swell, I'd like to give them a whirl!

3. May 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    CaptQuinn

CaptQuinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Quinn
    Alaska to Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '13 Sprucie Sport

I didn't take any pics but here is the recipe I followed...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-on-the-grill-i/

Bomb-diggety:cool:

4. May 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    Yaozer

Yaozer Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red DCSB TRD Sport
    Flowmaster exhaust, 3" Old Man Emu lift, Konig Countersteer Rims, and too much more.
    Garlic shrimp and sun dried tomato omelette with Canadian bacon and avocado slices:

[​IMG]

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and all you mother f*ckers out there!

5. May 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Xaks

Xaks Cranky & often armed sysadmin

Member:
    First Name:
    Xaks
    Oklahoma City area
    Vehicle:
    work beast '06 reg cab 4 cyl 5 spd
    Just for ha-ha's, I went outside and conducted a little test.

I've got, as I've shown here a couple times, a four-burner gas grill for my daily cookin' needs. The grills burners are, from the perspective of the cook, vertical away from you, arranged right to left. Essentially, there's a burner pointing away from each dial, as it were, not including the fairly useless (round) side-burner.

[​IMG]

So, as you can see here, I set up a probe thermometer with a binder clip on the far left side of the upper rack, and turned on just the far right burner to its lowest setting. Then I set my timer for 5 minute increments and sat back.

After 45 minutes, here's the HIGHEST rating I've seen:

[​IMG]

The rate is 210-217, depending on the wind. Which makes me a very, very happy camper. It JUST so happens I have some pork ribs in the chill-chest not working real hard, and I'm thinking I needs to try this thing as a MacGuyver'd smoker tomorrow...

*contemplates

6. May 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    1-I dried the ribs off with a paper towel, then sprinkled generously with any pork dry rub you like, I used a sweet and spicy one that was in my cabinet. Then I seared on a hot grill for a couple of minutes.
    2-I then redressed with the dry rub. I put the rack on a long enough piece to have about 4 inches on each side. Then you kind of make a boat with the foil and pour some root beer or whatever kind of soda you want to make. I know guys have used dr pepper,coke or pepsi, this time I used Barq's root beer. Then take another piece of foil and place it over top and seal it well.

3- Into a preheated 350 oven and let it got for 2:30 to 3:00 hours. After the 3 hours I took it out and drenched with a bbq sauce and rootbeer reduction that I made about 30 minutes before the rigs were done on 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.

They came out good. I am long winded about this recipe but it is super easy!!!!

7. May 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    pkjr

pkjr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Kel - The Rocky Road ice cream bread was good... but a little bland with just a taste of chocolate. My parents are going to try the leftovers warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream tonight. My Dad thought having a warm slice in the morning with a cup of coffee would be nice, too. Overall, it was a hit! Thanks again for the idea. :)

Tough - Thanks for the recipe offer, but I followed this one and it was super easy to make, and delicious for breakfast this morning. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/03/recipe-for-spinach-and-mozzarella-egg.html

I like where Xaks is going with his ha-ha's. :) Looking forward to the write-up and pics.

8. May 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    If it was breakfast you wanted I would def recommend the recipe I have for the tater tots.... maybe for next time.

9. May 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    in the kitchen
    Vehicle:
    99 - 3.4L V6 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    Coppers are my favorite! :hungry:

Same here...I have a pizza stone and its makes such a huge difference in the finished product - I will never cook a pizza on a metal pan or in the oven ever again!

Get a pizza stone that fits on your grill for starters...

10. May 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Throw it right on the grill....

11. May 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    Making some steaks tonight.

[​IMG]

12. May 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Mmm...those looks yummy Dennis! ^^^

13. May 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    in the kitchen
    Vehicle:
    99 - 3.4L V6 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    :eek: but the dough will fall through the grate!
    :hungry: I was just debating what to do for dinner tonight, I think you just helped me make up my mind.

14. May 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod
    I have a t-bone in the fridge awaiting me hehe...since I didn't do my proper mother's day dinner for myself yesterday.

15. May 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    LUSETACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    Gonna pan roast these puppies and having some roasted potatoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. May 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    LUSETACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
  17. May 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    pkjr

pkjr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Tough - Post the breakfast recipe. I'll make it sometime soon, and also for everybody else's benefit to try, too. :)

Dennis - Very nice! Looks delicious!

Breakfast this morning at a truckstop... the Flying J at I-10 Exit 137 (67th Ave) in Phoenix. Stopped there to get some CB parts, and enjoyed a hearty 3-egg/corned beef hash plate with hashbrowns and a warmed tortilla. 10-4 good buddy! :D
    [​IMG]

18. May 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That look awesome and they look even better cooked!!!!!

19. May 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Nice!!

20. May 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:

To Top