1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foodies BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by T4RFTMFW, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 3, 2018 at 1:26 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Right, just 1/3 soup like i said...

JJ TACO, la0d0g and CurtB[QUOTED] like this.
  2. Apr 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    cobbler coma?;) so how many deer do you get there? we only get one tag per person :( Hope that changes, Id like at least 2 per person.

3. Apr 3, 2018 at 5:19 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    3 bucks and 2 does a day during doe season (or if u wanna hunt with a bow u can shoot 2 everyday of season) no more than 2 deer per day no more than 1 buck per day. I always put 2 deer in the freezer and then start horn huntin it just so happened my 2nd one this year had a 16" spread so i got lazy after the first week of dec haha. Our deer here are smaller im sure. An average live weight doe is gonna be at or just north of 100 lbs. I shot a 2 1/2 year old 4 pt (13" spread but prolly ahould have got shot last year) and it was the day after thanksgiving so he hadnt lost any weight yet and prolly stood around 130 or so and the 6 pt i shot was prolly 165 ish live.

JJ TACO likes this.
  4. Apr 3, 2018 at 5:44 PM
    DubfromGA

DubfromGA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black SR5 4WD

I had a leftover burger at work for lunch today.

Then had this leftover brat for dinner.....with leftover potatoes, onions and peppers.

Yellow mustard, sauerkraut, Johnsonville beer brat, horseradish mustard all teamed up for some damn good flavors. I don't do fancy....just simple eats and I have to say....today's eats were some of the best I've done.

[​IMG]

JJ TACO, Cold Iron, wilcam47 and 3 others like this.
  5. Apr 3, 2018 at 6:18 PM
    la0d0g

la0d0g Its 4 o’clock somewhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    running for the hills
    Vehicle:
    For crawling not hauling
    :thumbsup::cheers:

DubfromGA[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:30 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2015 Base 2.7 Access Cab 4x4 5 sp
    I've been away for almost two weeks, did a juicing cleanse / detox / whatever, will be done this Friday. I'm thinking of going into a keto diet for a couple weeks after that. Anybody have any good tips or recipes?

Cold Iron likes this.
  7. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    What part of the pig is a keto?

JJ TACO, Cold Iron, wilcam47 and 4 others like this.
  8. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    The whole thing as long as you don't use BBQ sauce with sugar. I think cheap Boston butts and me are gonna be good friends for awhile.

JJ TACO, Cold Iron, DubfromGA and 2 others like this.
  9. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:51 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    My wife did some chicken with shrooms and spinach and mozz a week or so ago and i think she said somethin about key toes

JJ TACO and wilcam47 like this.
  10. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:54 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Sounds perfect, but I just read shrooms have a lot of carbs for their size, gotta keep the percentages per meal in check. Lots of math with this keto krap. We'll see.

11. Apr 4, 2018 at 6:48 PM
    CurtB

CurtB Old Timer knowitall

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    I went on an Adkins diet years ago. All the meat, cheese, eggs you want. No condiments with no sugar sux! But, I lost weight and inches.

Cold Iron, wilcam47 and DubfromGA like this.
  12. Apr 4, 2018 at 7:23 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    Warmed up some left over smoked Ribs by putting them in the Deep Fryer. I still have some left so I will snap a picture of the next batch.

13. Apr 5, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    DubfromGA

DubfromGA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black SR5 4WD
    Yesterday my son and I were hanging out together and the subject of "what's for dinner, Dad?" came up. Little hombre is always hongry. Freshmen in college, hits the gym in between classes. Lean, mean, studying machine. :)

I'd had some chops marinating since morning. Informed him of such and he asked what I was waiting on. The order to fire 'em up was given.

I was also planning on cooking some other stuff at the same time for future meals, too....as I'm working this upcoming weekend.

Figured I'd do wings on this 'un and also sear some chops and tenderloin while doing the sides on the other little Weber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little Weber accommodated my skillet packed full of carrots, onions and potatoes. Was gonna add some Brussels later, too.

Course ground pepper & Plowboys did a good job of seasoning the root vegetables.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well......at some point during the cooking my boy got a phone call that altered his plans. He's out of class this week and some buddies are in town.....so he had to scramble.

I scaled back the cook but did go ahead with a pair of chops. Haven't done them in a long while for some reason.

Seasoned them with Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express.

[​IMG]

Vortex did it's job.....even better now that the coals had burned down significantly since I skipped the wing cook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love carrots cooked this way.....in case you can't tell, lol.

[​IMG]

Leftover chop was saved in the fridge.......

[​IMG]

Teenage T-Rex skeert me this morning as I was tinkering with the coffee maker.....trying to conjure up some decent java. Evidently I was grinding the beans when he ninja'd up into the kitchen, "So, Dad, what's for breakfast". Once I settled down from the scare, lol, I put together his leftover chop, some hash browns, scrambled eggs & cheese and a pair of biscuits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He said that'd hold him for a while.

JJ TACO, Cold Iron, yota243 and 2 others like this.
  14. Apr 5, 2018 at 9:15 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    didnt the founder die? ;) may as well enjoy what you eat, just in moderation.

[​IMG]

JJ TACO, TomTwo and DubfromGA like this.
  15. Apr 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Never done Keto but have done Atkins on and off for a lot of years. Keto allows 50 gr. of carbs a day I usually stay on induction which is no more than 20 gr. a day.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast. All I want, sometimes omelets but I really don't get tired of bacon and eggs. Sometimes sausage. Radishes are low carbs and a good snack. So are pork rinds if you can find them. Large salad for lunch most of your carbs should come from there. Be careful of the veggies and any hidden carbs in anything you eat like store bought jerky which usually has sugar added. Not sure if keto allows net carbs or straight carbs, there is a difference. 50 gr. a day is a lot compared to Induction I am going to have to check that out. Oh and supper you know the answer...

[​IMG]

Buffalo Wings made with traditional buffalo sauce, Franks and butter, have no carbs. Blue Cheese is low in carbs also. Trout season is almost open. All the fresh caught trout and butter you want. And most seafood.

Dr. Atkins did die. At the age of 72 he slipped on ice on a sidewalk in NYC and hit his head which caused his death. Lesson learned don't where there could be ice on sidewalks. When I moved here in 99 from North Carolina had a friend tell me that I was going to slip on the ice and hit my head and die. I think of that often.

Had a Doc in town do the same last year, he was in his 30's and very athletic. In a town of 100K people we loose a couple people a year to ice on sidewalks and many are fairly young.

16. Apr 5, 2018 at 4:57 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info. Good God, that tomahawk... after juicing for 2 weeks I think I'll eat the screen now...

Cold Iron[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Apr 5, 2018 at 7:07 PM
    grdgz97

grdgz97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    Ckn rice bowl......grilled ckn, sautéed squash and red peppers, peas, maters, smashed avocados, feta, and macadamia nuts. :notsure:

3A625CC4-7CA8-4AC0-8438-B8DA6C20F5C9.jpg

JJ TACO, DubfromGA, la0d0g and 2 others like this.
  18. Apr 5, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    CurtB

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    Dunno if if he did, but he will. No one gets out of life alive, as they say.

JJ TACO, TomTwo and wilcam47[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Apr 6, 2018 at 8:51 AM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    no carbers look away

potato flat bread

JJ TACO, DubfromGA, la0d0g and 4 others like this.
  20. Apr 6, 2018 at 5:58 PM
    CurtB

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    Where is the leftovers thread? :) Deboned chicken and home fries and gravy from a nearby awesome place, gravy from a pork cutlet fry, and mushrooms that needed used up. Mushrooms were sliced and sauteed with onion in butter with SPG. Home fries were refried in butter. And if the mushrooms aren't tough, take the stem out and slice them with an egg slicer. Quickly done, and even slices. If the mushrooms are tough you will ruin the wires on the egg slicer, that's why I have a new one. :(
    20180406_190219[1].jpg
    And still enough for one more meal :thumbsup:

JJ TACO, DubfromGA, la0d0g and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top