1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For Everyone Who Helped Me. Here's My Thule Rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by B2BTaco, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    B2BTaco

B2BTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    U.S.A - Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma - TRD Sport 4X4 - Silver
    Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks (Front) raised 2.5 inches. Pro-Comp AAL 1.5 inch raise in rear. HomerTaco Thin-Lip Satoshi Grill. AVS Bug-Deflector, Front Two Windows Tinted (to match factory tint on back windows). Baja Roof Basket with Spare Tire Carrier. Shorty Radio Antenna-black. Cobra CB Radio/PA System installed. De-badged (all Toyota/Tacoma decals gone). Front & Rear Mud flaps removed. STEALTH 3157 Taillight bulbs (removed amber bulb for cleaner look)
    Ordered it last Saturday. Got it all in yesterday and installed it lastnight. Thanks to everyone who had suggestions! Y'all helped out a lot.

What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

2. Apr 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Looks good!

3. Apr 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    B2BTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    U.S.A - Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks (Front) raised 2.5 inches. Pro-Comp AAL 1.5 inch raise in rear. HomerTaco Thin-Lip Satoshi Grill. AVS Bug-Deflector, Front Two Windows Tinted (to match factory tint on back windows). Baja Roof Basket with Spare Tire Carrier. Shorty Radio Antenna-black. Cobra CB Radio/PA System installed. De-badged (all Toyota/Tacoma decals gone). Front & Rear Mud flaps removed. STEALTH 3157 Taillight bulbs (removed amber bulb for cleaner look)
    Thanks man! Heres a close up.
    [​IMG]

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    looks very nice. I am thinking about one myself. Where did you get it and for how much? Thanks

Tri

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Looks Awesome! Really like how it looks on the silver a lot.

6. Apr 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    HEAVY WT

HEAVY WT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    LA
    Vehicle:
    16 T4R TEP
    Looks good!

7. Apr 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    lookin good

8. Apr 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    B2BTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    U.S.A - Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks everybody.

Tri: Being pretty new at all this, I didn't really know where to go. I did the research and settled on the Thule. Then I went to their website. They have a great "Fit Guide" that narrows down what you need. Worked super awesome for me. Anyway, I had to get the whole kit and kaboodle. I got the feet, kit (to mount on the truck), pair of load bars and the fairing (the wind-deflector on the front), w/ shipping it was $399. Probably pricey to some but I didn't want to order it from some jack leg or off ebay cuz you never know what shape they really are in. Anyway, $399 in all.

Here's the link to Thule's website: http://thule.com/ (just click on "Fit Guide", it's the second option at the top).

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Looks good. Any wind noise? I had a roof rack on a previous 2007 FJ Cruiser and you could hear wind noise when traveling at highway speeds.

10. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    rotorious

rotorious Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Abilene
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white
    I had a Yakima on Mazdaspeed3, the install was a pain at times but the directions were more than sufficient. what are you planning on carrying?

11. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

Thanks for the info Brian. What is your primary use for it?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    B2BTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    U.S.A - Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Taco4x4: Man, I have no wind noise to speak of. It's awesome. I guess we put that mother on good. It sounds just like it did before I had it. I've tested at speeds up to 95 mph on the interstate and it doesn't make a peep.

Rotor and Trico: I plan mostly on carrying my big wakeboard bag to the lake this summer. It's long and narrow with a board, bindings, vest, and rope in it. It took up a lot of space in the bed and limited the space I had for all the other stuff ( 4 gas jugs, cooler, other peoples crap). I thought about getting the board accessorie to go with the rack but it wont carry bindings so I'm just gonna strap it down and go. I'll carry anything else I feel or need too also but I got it mostly for the long lake weekends. First time I strap that bag up, I'll put some pics on here.

13. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    rotorious

rotorious Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Abilene
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white
    be cautious with just strapping things to the rack...I used to fear for my bike whenever i had it on top of my car, and that was actually in a rack!!!hahaha

Products Discussed in

To Top